December 9, 2014

Disney FROZEN FEVER DIY Spring Wreath

Did you hear that Disney is releasing FROZEN FEVER this spring?  That's right.  If you heard the rumor that a follow up of sorts to FROZEN was coming then you're probably about as excited as Kayla.  That would be SO FREAKING EXCITED!!!!  I would be lying if I said I was unaffected by this news.  Seeing the sheer joy that FROZEN has brought to my child (which I have chronicled through our DIY Ice Palace, FROZEN Popcorn, Ice Dig and Olaf Onesie) it just seemed appropriate to make something fun.  Therefore I present you with my DIY FROZEN FEVER wreath.

Disney Frozen fever, DIY frozen fever wreath , disney frozen DIY, frozen wreath , Olaf wreath, Disney Frozen fever DIY, #FrozenFever


Call it a play on spring fever.  I have perpetual spring fever living in San Diego.  The thing about this wreath is, it takes all of 10 minutes or less to make and it has the ability to make small children squeal when they see it.  All I did was use the same super inexpensive moss-look wreath from my DIY Lego Wreath.

Disney Frozen fever, DIY frozen fever wreath , disney frozen DIY, frozen wreath , Olaf wreath, Disney Frozen fever DIY, #FrozenFever

I took a few cocktail umbrellas and poked them into the wreath.  You can find boxes of these little umbrellas online, in your grocery store or in Business Costco like I did.  Random!  I decided not to umbrella-up the entire thing because I wanted the fuzzy green wreath below to show.  It's funny, it's kind of a seasonless item.  I had bought it as Christmas decor, but it definitely has a spring look to it when you add the right elements.

Then I simply attached a little plush Olaf.  You can use floral pins, hot glue, whatever you like.  I actually wound up using the little nails you use to hang pictures.  I couldn't find anything else in the house and well, when I get an idea everyone knows it's best to just stay out of the crazy crafty lady's way and let her do her thing.

Disney Frozen fever, DIY frozen fever wreath , disney frozen DIY, frozen wreath , Olaf wreath, Disney Frozen fever DIY, #FrozenFever


Since Olaf is all about the warm weather and warm hugs so it felt appropriate.  Plus Olaf, I mean he's the most welcoming cartoon character I know!  Seriously, all in it took less than 10 minutes for me to make this.  FROZEN FEVER is a short, which Disney will release on March 13, 2015 (just in time for summmmmmmer okay, spring) in front of Cinderella.  I think you know where Kayla and I will be on March 13th.  Mmmmhmmm.

Think you'll want to make this wreath?  Pin the image below and it will be waiting for you when you're ready.

Disney Frozen fever, DIY frozen fever wreath , disney frozen DIY, frozen wreath , Olaf wreath, Disney Frozen fever DIY, #FrozenFever



Pin It button on image hover