November 17, 2014

The Big Gift - Step2 Spin & Go Xtreme Cruiser

Thanks to Step2 for sending the Step2 Spin & GO Xtreme Cruiser ride-on toy for us to check out as part of my ambassadorship with Step2. #Step2ambassador

Considering that I recently had a baby, I think our "Christmas came early" photo should probably be the 15ish pound bundle of joy named Blake.  However, if you want to talk about joy, I think the photo below says it all.  Christmas for Kayla actually did come early because Step2 just released their new Spin & Go Xtreme Cruiser.  As a child I would have traded any of my earthly possessions and most likely a sibling or two for a vehicle like this.

Step2 Spin & Go Xtreme Cruiser, Step2 Xtreme Cruiser, Step2 motorized car, Step2 Powerwheels



So I did what any giggly immature parent would do and I hid it at the top of our street and allowed her to discover it.  See exhibit A above.  Cool mom.  Then the mature side of me took over and I made her go back to our house and get a helmet.  See exhibit B below.  Mean overprotective mom.  Also, I've never seen a 5 year old book it up a super steep hill so quickly.  If she was 1/100 as eager to get dressed for school in the morning I would die of shock.  Die.


Step2 Spin & Go Xtreme Cruiser, Step2 Xtreme Cruiser, Step2 motorized car, Step2 Powerwheels

Then we had our first driving lesson.  It was about 10 years earlier than my heart is ready for.  I showed her the little accelerator and we figured out how to use the joysticks to get her going.  Under the seat is a little switch which allows you to change the speed of the car.  You can choose fast (5pmh) or slow (2.5mph)  As the ex-Manhattanite who didn't get her license until age 25 I bet you can guess which one I chose.  Craig made his way up the hill holding baby Blake and assumed the role of driving coach.  Thank goodness.

Step2 Spin & Go Xtreme Cruiser, Step2 Xtreme Cruiser, Step2 motorized car, Step2 Powerwheels

Kayla pulled on the joystick and I am fairly certain I heard a shriek of delight and surprise.  The Spin & Go Xtreme Cruiser uses joysticks rather than a steering wheel, so it takes a little more time and coordination to understand how to operate it.


Step2 Spin & Go Xtreme Cruiser, Step2 Xtreme Cruiser, Step2 motorized car, Step2 Powerwheels

Personally, I thought this was really neat because it makes it more of a "big kid" toy as it's recommended for ages 4-8 and has an 81 pound weight limit.  Kayla practiced going forwards, backwards and spinning around in circles.  Yes, the whole "Spin & Go" thing is not just to sound catchy...

Step2 Spin & Go Xtreme Cruiser, Step2 Xtreme Cruiser, Step2 motorized car, Step2 Powerwheels

Aaaaannnnnndddd it was AWESOME!  About 10 minutes into our experience she was off.  All smiles, laughs and directing her parents around.  "Mommy now you go all the way down there and I'll drive to you." Which she did.  Rather quickly...even though we were still on the slow setting.

Step2 Spin & Go Xtreme Cruiser, Step2 Xtreme Cruiser, Step2 motorized car, Step2 Powerwheels

While Kayla was having the time of her life, Craig and I just kept looking at one another, smiling.  It was one of those special moments in the game of parenting.  Standing there watching your child squeal with delight at a newly learned skill.  Not comprehending how quickly they have grown up.  Realizing how far you've come from screaming baby to eerily big kid.  I didn't expect it, but I'll always remember it.  


Step2 Spin & Go Xtreme Cruiser, Step2 Xtreme Cruiser, Step2 motorized car, Step2 Powerwheels

And then, there was this photo below.  Which I believe means in non-verbal kid speak "life is awesome!"  If you think the Step2 Spin & Go Xtreme Cruiser is for you then it's available at Walmart exclusively.  The Spin & Go Xtreme Cruiser is recommended for ages 4-8, supports up to 81 lbs (I may seriously consider a diet if it means I get to play with it) and retails for about $249.

Step2 Spin & Go Xtreme Cruiser, Step2 Xtreme Cruiser, Step2 motorized car, Step2 Powerwheels

Pin It button on image hover