November 14, 2014

Letting Go, Just A Little


Three months ago, Blake entered our world.  Since then, a lot of things have changed.   First of all, we are now officially out of bedrooms. Second, we needed help.  Badly.  I very aggressively went back to my "job job" three weeks after having Blake.   Technically, I never stopped working since I was responding to blog related emails from the hospital.  Psycho.

Crafting a star pinata with Elmer's glue #MotorolaBabyMonitor

One of the biggest challenges and changes has been finding the right person to welcome into our home and task with the care of our most precious possessions.  Letting go a little bit.  It's hard.  I'm happy to say that after months of looking we found the right person and I feel so grateful to have her here.  You know how you just KNOW?  Yeah, that feeling.  This past Tuesday was the first time that Kayla was off from school, I was working and our new nanny would have both kids in her care.

Motorola video baby monitor  #MotorolaBabyMonitor

Yes, both kids.  Including the one who has recently discovered that our baby monitor is not just for babies.  It's also for very expressive (bordering on dramatic) 5 year olds.  Nothing like picking up a baby who just woke up and going to switch off the monitor to find this face staring back at you. I'll spare you all the details about how the two way communication feature is abused in this household, but as you might imagine, I've listened to a ghost sing Let It Go many times while mid-diaper change in the past few weeks.

Crafting a star pinata with Elmer's glue #MotorolaBabyMonitor

ANYWAY, the morning started with a hot chocolate treat.  Hot chocolate is kind of our thing.  Then I got to work.   After putting Blake down for his morning nap our amazing nanny produced a bag filled with colorful tissue paper and glue.  She then went to work crafting with Kayla while Blake slept.

A few weeks back, Kayla and I had started making a pull string pinata. I had been missing the glue to finish it and then life happened.  No glue.  Lots of work, lunches to pack, diapers to change, laundry to do.  Yada, yada, yada, a month later my heart melted when someone else cared enough to finish that project.

Crafting a star pinata with Elmer's glue #MotorolaBabyMonitor

From my desk, I could hear them chatting about which color to use next and how they were making THE BEST PINATA EVER.  She showed Kayla how to twist the tissue into little puffs and talked about patterns with her.  At one point Blake stirred a bit, and after the three of us hovered over the monitor for a minute seeing if it was a false alarm or the real thing.  We zoomed in on him and turned the volume up a bit.  He went back to sleep and for all the women in the house, our time was extended.

 #MotorolaBabyMonitor

I recently shared just how important my work has become to our family.  Even if it's only for part of the day, it's tough for a mother to sit back and turn the care of her kids over to someone else.  I feel very fortunate to be able to work from home where I can focus on growing my business, but also be available if need be to swoop in for the occasional cuddle or boo-boo fixing.  I feel even more fortunate to find someone who just gets me, is so loving and cares for them with the things that matter to me in mind.

#MotorolaBabyMonitor
 
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Pin It button on image hover