November 10, 2014

2 Minute Curls - an Everyday Look with Conair Curl Secret

I created my 2 minute curls using the Infiniti Pro by Conair® Curl Secret® as part of a sponsored post for #CollectiveBias #HeartMyHair

I recently told you about my minor beauty rut.  Okay, it was a full on self maintenance meltdown.  The arrival of Blake very quickly ended my days of having an independent child and time for things like mascara.  Then there was the hair.  OH the hair.  The hair needed help.  SO much help.  But who has time for that?  Recently I acquired a fab hair dryer and I decided to revisit my little love affair with the Conair Curl Secret.  Want a ridiculously quick way to look pulled together? Come in to my new bathroom and let me show you 2 minute curls.

2 minute curls, Fastest way to curl your hair, Conair Curl Secret, 2 minute everyday hair, #HeartMyHair #shop

Let's be honest.  It's nice to feel nice. There is something psychologically pleasing about taking 2 minutes for makeup, 2 minutes for hair and a minute to put on jeans and a shirt that doesn't have spit-up on it.  Last year I created a tutorial for 10 minute curls.  It's perfect for date night.  Oh, how I miss date night!

This year we're doing 2 minute curls.  See how quickly life changes?  I swear I feel like I'm in the movie There's Something About Mary talking about 6 minute abs.  I have no idea if you can actually exercise your abs in 6 minutes, but I can tell you that it's possible to look pretty damn great and curl your hair in 2!  I started like this....

2 minute curls, Fastest way to curl your hair, Conair Curl Secret, 2 minute everyday hair, #HeartMyHair #shop

Just a big old pile of flat hair.  For extra authenticity, imagine it pulled back in a ponytail because that's how I've been rolling to Kindergarten.  I whipped out my trusty Curl Secret and used it to quickly curl just five or six small sections of hair at the front of my head on one side.

2 minute curls, Fastest way to curl your hair, Conair Curl Secret, 2 minute everyday hair, #HeartMyHair #shop

What's really neat is that unlike a traditional curling iron (which injury prone people like myself should not be allowed near) the Curl Secret automatically curls your hair for you.  This means you aren't left trying to wrap your hair around a hot curling iron and then explaining to someone at urgent care why you're there.

2 minute curls, Fastest way to curl your hair, Conair Curl Secret, 2 minute everyday hair, #HeartMyHair #shop

You place your hair in it, it wraps it for you, sets a curl and beeps when it's done. That's it!  As you know, I'm NOT a beauty blogger.  I'll never claim to be one.  This is easy and you get pretty gorgeous curly tendrils.

2 minute curls, Fastest way to curl your hair, Conair Curl Secret, 2 minute everyday hair, #HeartMyHair #shop

I grabbed a bobby pin and quickly pinned all but the curl directly over my ear back.  The rest of my hair I simply left as it had been.  Doing this gave me an elevated everyday look.  It was obvious that I had actually done something to attempt to be "put together mom" but in reality it was next to nothing.

2 minute curls, Fastest way to curl your hair, Conair Curl Secret, 2 minute everyday hair, #HeartMyHair #shop

In life I am a total non-believer in the concept of "fake it till you make it." HOWEVER, when it comes to mental mindset for taking on the day, I truly believe that convincing yourself you're not a complete hot mess of a woman actually does work.

2 minute curls, Fastest way to curl your hair, Conair Curl Secret, 2 minute everyday hair, #HeartMyHair #shop

Like I mentioned before, last year I did a 10 minute style using the Conair Curl Secret and created a video to show you how I did it.  It's a cute look for date night and still fairly easy and quick.  Now all I need is a date night...


If you're thinking I NEED THAT, chances are you're right.  The Infiniti Pro by Conair® Curl Secret® is a pretty neat gift for the beauty-impaired or time conscious friend/mother/sister in your life.



Pin It button on image hover