October 20, 2014

That Time I Forgot To Cut My Hair - Conair 3Q Dryer

I was recently treated to a new Conair Infinity Pro 3Q blow dryer by my friends at Beautystat who also sponsored this post. #3QDryer #bstat

When you have a child, you make sacrifices.  Some are very clear - like goodbye weekend jaunts to Cabo, hello preschool tuition. Then there are more subtle transformations that happen over time.  The next thing you know, you're wearing yoga pants pajama pants at 3:30 pm, patting the messy bun on top of your head trying to remember if it was yesterday that you took a shower or two days before that.  Yeah.  I have yet to see a celebrity cop to this aspect of motherhood.  Can you relate?

Conair 3Q hair dryer, Conair 3Q Review, Conair 3Q blow dryer, #3QDryer

If you can, then we're in the same boat.  While pregnant with Blake I was beyond busy with work and just keeping up with Kayla.  So much so that I kid you not, I never managed to find time to get a haircut.  THE ENTIRE PREGNANCY.  As you can imagine, the arrival of child #2 didn't exactly leave me swimming in time for grooming.  However, a couple of weeks ago I realized that 1) my hair was so long people were going to think I had ridiculous extensions.  2) I could barely brush it anymore because it just needed to be cut already.  Ew.  So, eleven solid months after my initial thought that I could use a haircut, it finally happened.  Mmmmmhmmmm.

Conair 3Q hair dryer, Conair 3Q Review, Conair 3Q blow dryer, #3QDryer

And almost simultaneously, this snazzy hair dryer showed up at my door thanks to my friends at Beautystat.  Like a sign that good deeds, such as taking 45 minutes for oneself might actually go unpunished after all. So you're probably wondering what makes The Conair 3Q different?  Most importantly, it's faster than your average hair dryer.  Yes, because peeing in solitude is a luxury and actually taking the time to dry and style my hair these days is something much better than a luxury.  I can't actually think of a word to describe that right now because my mommy brain is kicking in, but you know what I mean, right? 

Conair 3Q hair dryer, Conair 3Q Review, Conair 3Q blow dryer, #3QDryer

Yes, faster is better.  The brushless motor technology dries up to 70% faster.  Imagine if you could get your kids through their bedtime routine 70% faster.  No, I can't fathom it either.  Speaking of kids, I happen to have one that is very brave and bold in general but is abnormally afraid of loud noises like the sound of those super fast hand dryers in public restrooms.  Don't even get me started on how she runs out of the room in anticipation of an air mattress being inflated.  

The 3Q is also quieter than your average hair dryer.  Point proven by Kayla's willingness to grab it out of my hands and create a virtual wind tunnel to blast her mother with.  Yes, quieter and also apparently more fun.  I'm a fan of the multiple temperature and speed settings so I can actually convince Kayla to let me dry her hair in the winter.  

Conair 3Q hair dryer, Conair 3Q Review, Conair 3Q blow dryer, #3QDryer

And at the rate we're going, that won't be a problem, because she thinks it's the best thing ever.  Oh wait,wasn't this supposed to be for me?  Mmmmhmmm.  Motherhood.  The Conair 3Q is built to last so who knows, she might just end up with it in the long run.  Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go set an alert in my new phone to remind me to get a haircut in a couple of months instead of a year.  Baby steps.

You can find the Conair 3Q hair dryer in places like Ulta and conveniently on Target.com, which is so easy to shop at 3am while feeding a baby.
Pin It button on image hover