September 25, 2014

The Cutest Personalized Baby Blankets - Atkinson Drive Gifts

Thanks to Atkinson Drive Gifts for sending the cutest personalized baby blanket my way.  I adore the alphabet swaddle and it's just perfect for newborn photos!

Picking a baby name is tough.  Or at least I thought it was.  I know couples who struggle whittling down their list of twenty baby names and I am impressed.  Craig and I had the hardest time coming up with just a few baby boy names that we liked.  Names are a tricky thing and isn't there always the "that strange guy from middle school was named ____" factor?  So when we actually settled on a name I knew I wanted something special to celebrate it...and declare us committed.

Mommy Testers, Personalized swaddle blanket, custom swaddle blanket, Modern personalized baby blanket, Atkinson Drive Gifts,

I'm not very big on personalized baby items.  I never understood those very breakable piggy banks with the kid's name spelled in a weird font and you'll never see me gift one.  However, I did fall in  LOVE when I found this custom personalized blanket on Etsy and knew that we needed one for Blake.  It comes from Atkinson Drive Gifts and is printed on organic cotton.  You send Sam (the mompreneur owner) the name you've chosen, pick a color and size and she sends you back a proof of what the text will look like.

Mommy Testers, Personalized swaddle blanket, custom swaddle blanket, Modern personalized baby blanket, Atkinson Drive Gifts,

As someone who plays around with fonts as a part of my job I think Sam really gets it right in terms of what looks good together.  In browsing Etsy I saw plenty of personalized baby blankets, but wasn't such a fan of the fonts used or the overall styling.  If you're the "clean lines" type or know someone who is then I think this makes a great little gift and seriously, I can't even tell you how many people have asked me for a link to where they can purchase this so far.  

Mommy Testers, Personalized swaddle blanket, custom swaddle blanket, Modern personalized baby blanket, Atkinson Drive Gifts,


One friend has made multiple purchases because not only does Sam have this adorable blanket and a few variations of it, but she also makes coordinating bibs, hats and leggings.  She even has these crazy cute little FROZEN dolls in her store.  The alphabet swaddle still remains my personal favorite since it's so versatile and obviously makes for some super cute newborn photos!

Mommy Testers, Personalized swaddle blanket, custom swaddle blanket, Modern personalized baby blanket, Atkinson Drive Gifts,

And of course, if you're a total DIY person then you can even get yards of fabric printed on kona cotton which you can use to create whatever comes to mind. Off the top of my head I can think of car seat cover, nursing pillow cover, changing pad cover, crib sheets and the list goes on and on.  The fabric itself might make a really cool baby gift for the very crafty mom to be in your life.

So far this blanket has been washed a bunch of times and the printing holds up no problem.  And of course I'm really happy to have it in a lot of our early photos of Blake.  It's definitely memory box material so he can have the item that goes back to so many of those early photos when he gets a bit older!

You can check out Atkinson Drive Gifts on Etsy and follow Sam on Instagram for some new product sneak peeks and a deal here and there.

Pin It button on image hover