September 29, 2014

Super Easy Doc McStuffins Slumber Party

I created my easy Doc McStuffins slumber party and cereal treat Doc McStuffins cake as part of a sponsored post.  This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #JuniorCelebrates #CollectiveBias

We recently discovered the joy of Doc McStuffins.  Call us laggards.  I know that at almost six, Kayla is kind of on the old side to be a Doc McStuffins fan, but honestly, I'm a fan.  With all of the change going on in Kayla's life over the past couple of months, from starting kindergarten, learning a completely foreign language and making space in her home and her heart for a new brother, she's done pretty well.  In fact, she's done way better than I ever did when faced with similar challenges at her age.  So it seemed appropriate to celebrate everything and nothing and just throw some extra attention her way.  Enter my super easy Doc McStuffins party.  Because seriously, who has time for anything super hard these days? Not this girl.

Mommy Testers, Doc McStuffins Party, Doc McStuffins cake, Band Aid cake, Doc McStuffins bandage cake, Doc McStuffins slumber party #shop #juniorcelebrates


You see, this age is tricky when it comes to television role models and I'll be the first to admit I'm overprotective when it comes to what I let her watch.  A while back we watched an episode of a very popular cartoon that had pretty terrible language and just enforced that bad behavior was funny.  Yeah, not so much.  We first watched an episode of Doc McStuffins early one morning while I was feeding a very awake baby Blake and Kayla came out of her room looking for a snuggle in some already full arms.

I had low expectations and expected the show to be fluffy and void of any educational gain.  Wrong!  In the few episodes we have watched, the issues of being different, not judging others by how they look, what a true friend is and forgiving others when they make a mistake have been addressed.

Mommy Testers, Doc McStuffins Party, Doc McStuffins cake, Band Aid cake, Doc McStuffins bandage cake, Doc McStuffins slumber party #shop #juniorcelebrates

So admittedly, I was excited to head to Walmart and fill my cart (okay, Blake's stroller) with a bunch of Doc McStuffins goodies to surprise Kayla with.  I found this Stuffy playset which had everything an aspiring doc needs to fix up Stuffy and make him all better.  It's possible that some unsuspecting big dogs also received some unnecessary medical attention.

Mommy Testers, Doc McStuffins Party, Doc McStuffins cake, Band Aid cake, Doc McStuffins bandage cake, Doc McStuffins slumber party #shop #juniorcelebrates

To set the party mood, I used a simple pre-made banner and put together some really easy snacks.  I filled these milk bottles with milk, though obviously you could use any beverage. Using some Doc McStuffins Band-Aids, I attached some fun chevron straws.  For table decorations I used the toys in the playset I had bought for Kayla along with some generic bandages.  I had found this cute Book of Boo Boos while shopping and since my child is obsessed with notebooks and drawing there was no doubt it was coming home with me.

Mommy Testers, Doc McStuffins Party, Doc McStuffins cake, Band Aid cake, Doc McStuffins bandage cake, Doc McStuffins slumber party #shop #juniorcelebrates

Keeping with the theme, some Pirate's Booty quickly became cotton balls.  I filled a metal bucket with a bunch of it and labeled it with a chalkboard sign.  Then I used some silicone baking cups for individual portions.  Varying your containers, adding colored tissue paper and utilizing items like cake stands to create different heights on your table makes things seem extra special without much effort.

Mommy Testers, Doc McStuffins Party, Doc McStuffins cake, Band Aid cake, Doc McStuffins bandage cake, Doc McStuffins slumber party #shop #juniorcelebrates

If you want a dessert that only takes a few minutes to make then a cereal treat cake is the way to go. The cooking time is minimal and both kids and adults go nuts for them.  I decided to try to make a big bandage cake.  I molded the cereal treat into a bandage shape and then used some edible pink cake decorations to make the signature Doc McStuffins heart.  That was it!

Mommy Testers, Doc McStuffins Party, Doc McStuffins cake, Band Aid cake, Doc McStuffins bandage cake, Doc McStuffins slumber party #shop #juniorcelebrates

And while we haven't really had slumber parties with friends yet, my child loves nothing more than a slumber party at home so I turned our little party into a slumber party.  While shopping I had picked up some really cute Doc McStuffins bedding items.  This Doc McStuffins pillow buddy was about 25% cheaper at Walmart than I had seen it at another big box store for and this big cuddly blanket was just perfect for our Joovy Foocot that we use when we have guests or travel.

Mommy Testers, Doc McStuffins Party, Doc McStuffins cake, Band Aid cake, Doc McStuffins bandage cake, Doc McStuffins slumber party #shop #juniorcelebrates

If you have a little one who loves Doc McStuffins then you can pin the image below and when their birthday rolls around you'll be all ready for a great Doc McStuffins party without driving yourself crazy.

Mommy Testers, Doc McStuffins Party, Doc McStuffins cake, Band Aid cake, Doc McStuffins bandage cake, Doc McStuffins slumber party #shop #juniorcelebrates


And just so you know, I found all of these cute Doc McStuffins items in Walmart.  They have a great little selection of Doc McStuffins toys in the toy section and plenty of character bedding in the children's bedding section.  If you'd like some more great Disney Junior party ideas, take a look at this Pinterest board.

 #shop #juniorcelebrates


Pin It button on image hover