September 12, 2014

Big & Little Brother Gift - Step2 Ford F150 Raptor

I checked out the Step2 Ford F150 Raptor and created my Big and Little Brother Gift as a Step2 ambassador. Thanks to Step2 for sending the Ford F150 ride on toy my way! 

There is no question that becoming an older sibling can be tough.  I've often worried about the nearly 6 year age gap between Kayla and Blake and wondered how that will play out.  So far it's been amazing. But our age gap is more of the exception rather than the standard.  So I have several friends with 2-3 year olds that becoming older siblings.  Which of course got me thinking about big & little gifts.  When my friends over at Step2 let me know they were about to release this super cool Ford F150 inspired ride on toy I knew it would make the perfect big & little brother gift

Mommy Testers, Step2 Ford F150 Raptor Review, Ford F150 Ride on toy, Big and Little Brother Gift

I'll be honest, I didn't grow up in a family where trucks were a "thing" but oh em gee, when I moved to San Diego I realized trucks were in fact a thing!  I guess the soak up the outdoors, do it yourself lifestyle jives very well with endless trunk space and the ability to tow boats, jetskis and all that stuff.

Mommy Testers, Step2 Ford F150 Raptor Review, Ford F150 Ride on toy, Big and Little Brother Gift

The Step2 Ford F150 Raptor looks quite a bit like the real thing.  It comes in Red (available directly from Step2) or this great blue color which is a Sam's Club exclusive.  For a child's toy it has a nice size space to haul toys around.  You see the wheel that's front and center on the truck?  You might remember that a while back I checked out the Step2 Easy Turn Coupe, which introduced a swivel wheel to allow a child to turn super easily and maybe, just maybe avoid crashing into everything in sight.

Mommy Testers, Step2 Ford F150 Raptor Review, Ford F150 Ride on toy, Big and Little Brother Gift

The Step2 Ford F150 Raptor has a removable handle so you can push it when they are small and they can drive it themselves Fred Flintstone style when they get a bit older.  There are easy to operate door latches to keep the doors shut and extra high sides to the truck, so if you're pushing around a younger child you don't have to worry about them opening the door.  I do think it's worth mentioning that this model does not include a seatbelt, which is why it has the other features.  If you're ultra worried about the seatbelt then there are other Step2 riding toys which do have one, like the Whisper Ride II.

Mommy Testers, Step2 Ford F150 Raptor Review, Ford F150 Ride on toy, Big and Little Brother Gift

If your child likes buttons (and seriously, find me a child who doesn't) then they will appreciate the traditional honking horn on the steering wheel and the fact that there is a little button on the grill they can push to make the grill light up.  I think it's kind of clever that it's discreetly placed so while they are younger you have the ability to hide how that magic happens and when they are older it feels like a little secret hidden button.

Mommy Testers, Step2 Ford F150 Raptor Review, Ford F150 Ride on toy, Big and Little Brother Gift

And of course, let's not forget about the new baby or little brother.  I thought it would be fun to pack the Step2 Ford F150 Raptor full of useful baby products.  There are a bunch of diapers in size 1 and size 2 since you know they outgrow those newborn diapers super quickly. Then there are a couple of toys I really like.  You can attach Infantino's Go Gaga activity spiral to the car seat or the belly bar on a stroller. This Skip Hop chime ball is an incredibly goofy looking parrot, which is perfect for your first game of rolling the ball to your baby. And I love this little Peter Rabbit teething toy.  I never got the whole Sophie the Giraffe thing.  It seems like an overpriced dog toy if you ask me and yet, I swear they're on every first time parents' baby registry.  Peter Rabbit comes in at half the price and double the cuteness IMHO!

Mommy Testers, Step2 Ford F150 Raptor Review, Ford F150 Ride on toy, Big and Little Brother Gift

Think you might want to make a big brother and little brother gift like this?  You can pin the image below and you'll have it saved for when you're ready!

Mommy Testers, Step2 Ford F150 Raptor Review, Ford F150 Ride on toy, Big and Little Brother Gift


Like I mentioned, the blue version of the Step2 Ford F150 Raptor is a Sam's Club exclusive which should be in stores right about now and coming soon to Samsclub.com.  You can find the red version on Step2.com.  If you want to keep up with Step2 you can check them out on Facebook or my favorite social channel of all, Instagram.

Pin It button on image hover