August 15, 2014

Natural Baby Gift In A Jar with Baby Bee

I created my Baby Gift In A Jar is filled with natural products from Burt's Bees Baby Bee collection as part of a sponsored post.  It makes a great customizable baby gift for a new mom. 

If you've ever spent a period of time with me at a conference, out to dinner or just hanging out at the park, then you know there is one beauty product that comes with me absolutely everywhere.  It's the pomegranate lip balm from Burt's Bees.   I love it for the color, the ingredients and how effective it is at battling chapped lips.  A few months ago I headed back to the baby aisles at Target to start thinking about which products I wanted to use with baby Blake and was pleasantly surprised by some of the options for those of us looking for natural baby care products.

Baby Gift in a Jar, Natural Baby Gift, Burt's Bees Baby Bee, #BabyBee,


If you're like me then you do the best you can to avoid many of the seemingly not-so-good-for-you products that were prevalent when were kids.  To me, it's worth it to spend the extra dollar or drive the extra mile to buy those organic strawberries instead of the conventional ones.  The same rule applies when it comes to buying diapers, wipes and other baby necessities.  With a close friend of mine just a bit behind me in her pregnancy I decided to put together my Baby Gift In A Jar to spoil her little one with some of my favorite natural picks for bath time and diapering, including lots of Baby Bee goodies.

Baby Gift in a Jar, Natural Baby Gift, Burt's Bees Baby Bee,

I started with a whole bunch of chlorine free diapers.  I don't exactly consider myself a tree hugging hippie, but with Kayla I remember how people thought it was SO weird that we had these plain diapers.  PLAIN.  Without scents or cartoon characters!While I knew that cloth diapering was probably not going to work for me, I wanted something I felt okay with - so chlorine free disposables it was.  Fast forward 6 years and it's nice to see a shift in this direction and be able to find them on the shelves of most big box stores.   I simply tied them up with a little bit of baker's twine and added a package of chlorine free baby wipes which are great for a baby's delicate skin.

Baby Gift in a Jar, Natural Baby Gift, Burt's Bees Baby Bee,

Something I thought was really cool is this Cream to Powder diaper cream.  Gone are the 80's ways of the big old can of baby powder.  This Baby Bee diaper cream goes on as a cream so you don't have airborne powder near your baby's lungs and later dries into a powder to help absorb wetness in their diaper.  I seriously can't wait to try it out with Blake.

Baby Gift in a Jar, Natural Baby Gift, Burt's Bees Baby Bee, #BabyBee,

I took a big glass jar (you can find them in most big box stores for $10-$15) and added some tissue paper grass for contrast.  Then I just placed a bunch of awesome natural baby toiletries inside.  There's multi-purpose ointment, a gentle lotion to keep baby's skin hydrated, some tear-free Baby Bee body wash & shampoo and even a natural bath sponge.


I love giving gifts like these because you can customize them easily and the packaging is completely useful and reusable to the gift recipient.  And unlike some of the conventional baby gift baskets you might see in stores, I'm a fan of the fact that this one contains only products made with natural ingredients like beeswax, coconut oil, shea butter and aloe vera.

Think you might want to make my Baby Gift in a Jar for a friend but aren't quite ready?  You can pin the image below and you'll have it waiting. I'm telling you, there's a baby boom going on out there.  Get ready!


Baby Gift in a Jar, Natural Baby Gift, Burt's Bees Baby Bee, #BabyBee,

I created my Baby Gift In A Jar is filled with natural products from Burt's Bees Baby Bee collection as part of a sponsored post.  It makes a great customizable baby gift for a new mom. 



Pin It button on image hover