August 18, 2014

FROZEN Big Sister Gift Bag + DIY Olaf Onesie

New baby in the house?  Make my FROZEN Big Sister Gift Bag and DIY Olaf Onesie.  This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.  #FROZENfun #CollectiveBias

In the next month, there are bound to be a ton of changes in our home.  Quite frankly, I'm a bit terrified about the adjustments ahead.  But the person I am most concerned about is Kayla.  We're just a few weeks away from starting Kindergarten at a new school where none of her friends from preschool will be joining her.  She's also just had her only child status squashed with the arrival of Blake.  So I really wanted a few special things that she could get excited about and that could keep her occupied right now while a lot more of my time is focused on the new baby.   Enter the FROZEN Big Sister  Gift Bag.

Mommy Testers, FROZEN big sister gift, DIY Olaf Onesie, #FROZENfun

If your child is anything like mine, then 90 degree weather has not had any effect upon their ability to be obsessed with a movie that suggests a different season.  I still find myself in shock at what a massive hit FROZEN became and how lucky we were that we saw a sneak peek of it last November which allowed me to raid stores and swoop up a bunch of Elsa merchandise before FROZEN hysteria began. For the record, my husband thought I was crazy.  For the record, I was crazy with a touch of brilliant.

Mommy Testers, FROZEN big sister gift, DIY Olaf Onesie, #FROZENfun

And it spawned a few ideas like my very popular DIY FROZEN Ice Palace Fort that has been making the rounds on Pinterst.  For anyone not living under a rock, you know just how hard it's been to find FROZEN merchandise for basically all of 2014. But it's back, baby!  And there are some cute things floating around the big box stores like Walmart just in time for back to school.

Mommy Testers, FROZEN big sister gift, DIY Olaf Onesie, #FROZENfun

I started with this Elsa and Anna backpack.  It seems to be the right size for a preschool or kindergarten aged child and goes for about $10.  I was impressed that even though it's meant to be a smaller backpack for a little body, it could still fit the big FROZEN coloring book I picked up. I've noticed that while most smaller backpacks are cute, they have issues holding books or toys of a decent size.  Basically, it's hard to go wrong here.

If you're wondering where I got that really cute shirt which has just Elsa on it, yes, it came from Walmart.  It was less than $7 and I actually liked the design better than some far more expensive FROZEN shirts I've seen elsewhere.  

Mommy Testers, FROZEN big sister gift, DIY Olaf Onesie, #FROZENfun

I added some FROZEN big girl underwear because, well, when I saw it I knew there was no way I was leaving the store without it.  The backpack, underwear and shirt are perfect for back to school and then I scooped up some art supplies for my little artist thinking that they would help keep her busy during baby Blake's first couple of weeks when the amount of time and attention I could give her would be less than ideal.  

Mommy Testers, FROZEN big sister gift, DIY Olaf Onesie, #FROZENfun

In the book section at Walmart I found this giant FROZEN coloring book with stickers.  I added some Crayola Twistables from the art section and even found this little package of sidewalk chalk that seemed like the PERFECT color palette to make Elsa chalk art.  In the party section I found some more FROZEN stickers...along with some party supplies I had to resist purchasing since we're still a few months out from a birthday but I can pretty much bank on the fact that we'll be doing the FROZEN theme come January. 

Mommy Testers, FROZEN big sister gift, DIY Olaf Onesie, #FROZENfun

Last but certainly not least, I decided that baby Blake needed to get on the FROZEN bandwagon.  I made this DIY Olaf Onesie. After all, if you want a 5 year old girl to think her baby brother is cool, dressing him up like Olaf is a pretty good strategy.

If you want to try making your own, I have step by step instructions to make a DIY Olaf Onesie that you can check out and pin for later.

Mommy Testers, FROZEN big sister gift, DIY Olaf Onesie, #FROZENfun

If you're on the hunt for FROZEN merchandise, then I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by what has made its way to store shelves.  I'm pretty sure I'll be buying that bag you can color below and putting it away for the holidays for Kayla!

 #FROZENfun


Pin It button on image hover