August 4, 2014

Easy Clouds & Raindrops Baby Sprinkle Decor

Want some easy baby shower or baby sprinkle decor?  I love this easy clouds and raindrops party setup.  Thanks to Joovy for their Joovy Boob bottles and Celebrate Express for providing some of the easy decor in this post!

A few months ago the idea of having a sprinkle for baby #2 had been discussed with me. In the end, I said I didn't want friends and family to go through all the trouble of throwing a party for me and for this baby.  As ironic as it sounds considering that I have a blog, I actually hate being the center of attention or the focus of a party.   However, I love celebrating other people and by now you know I love a fun, easy party setup.  SO I figured I would share this Clouds & Raindrops Baby Sprinkle party setup with you.  

Easy Baby Sprinkle party setup, Easy baby sprinkle decor, Clouds and rain baby sprinkle, clouds and rain baby shower decor, Joovy Boob botttles, Celebrate Express
It all starts with some white fluffy paper decorations for clouds.  They're easy to put together, relatively inexpensive and high impact.  All of those are things I look for in party decor.  I grabbed these at Celebrate Express for about $3 each.  It takes about 5 minutes to fluff each one up and they are a very nice puffy size at 16".

Easy Baby Sprinkle party setup, Easy baby sprinkle decor, Clouds and rain baby sprinkle, clouds and rain baby shower decor, Joovy Boob botttles, Celebrate Express


My family has some cute little traditions.  We threw a baby shower for my older sister a few years back and made a clothesline with all sorts of little gifts hanging from it - not just onesies but also rattles, teethers, super cute little socks - you get the idea!  I thought it would be fun to give the mom to be some functional decor and use baby bottles as raindrops hanging down from these clouds.

I seriously cannot wait to use these Joovy Boob bottles with our baby due any day!  I have heard such awesome things about them from other mothers and they don't have a million pieces to wash.  There are turquoise, gray, clear and purple colors available.  All of which I think would make for adorable raindrops that can serve a purpose post shower or sprinkle.


Easy Baby Sprinkle party setup, Easy baby sprinkle decor, Clouds and rain baby sprinkle, clouds and rain baby shower decor, Joovy Boob botttles, Celebrate Express

To get the bottles to hang from the clouds I used a glue spot and attached a very thin, preferably clear string (this is the best kind to use) to each bottle.   Then I went over the glue spot with a little bit of hot glue to ensure it stayed hanging.  The best part is that while they are very firmly attached, it's so easy after your party to just peel off the glue and wash the bottles.  I happen to love this Joovy Boob gift set as a shower gift as well.  It has everything from bottle brushes to pump adapters to neat insulators that keep the bottles warm.

Easy Baby Sprinkle party setup, Easy baby sprinkle decor, Clouds and rain baby sprinkle, clouds and rain baby shower decor, Joovy Boob botttles, Celebrate Express

Another idea I thought was cute was taking mason jars and instead of using them for beverages I turned them into party favors by filling them with cotton candy (seriously, when do adults get to eat cotton candy?) and then using these crazy adorable little diapers.  They are actually part of an inexpensive shower game you can buy, but I'm not such a fan of shower games.  I do think they make for fantastic decor though.  If you want to ensure these little diapers will fit your mason jars then you'll want these quilted jars  in the 8oz size - they seemed just right. 

Easy Baby Sprinkle party setup, Easy baby sprinkle decor, Clouds and rain baby sprinkle, clouds and rain baby shower decor, Joovy Boob botttles, Celebrate Express

You might have noticed in the background that all I did was add a plain chalkboard with a little bit of mini bunting for contrast.  It's the same little bunting I used to make this tooth brushing garland.  You don't have to make yourself crazy to create parties.  None of these decorations were very time or labor intensive!

I added a semi-traditional diaper cake from The Honest Company.  What I love about this diaper cake is it's not hard to take apart because of how the diapers are arranged and it's filled with lots of their awesome baby products - even laundry tablets for those first loads of newborn clothes.


Easy Baby Sprinkle party setup, Easy baby sprinkle decor, Clouds and rain baby sprinkle, clouds and rain baby shower decor, Joovy Boob botttles, Celebrate Express

Of course I didn't forget the cupcakes.  We did have a baby shower when I was pregnant with Kayla and quite frankly I was very Miranda from Sex and The City.  No shower games.  I could have cared less about the details, all I wanted was cupcakes from Sprinkles in Newport.  Never deny a very pregnant woman her cupcakes.  Which of course pair perfectly with a glass (or bottle) of ice cold milk.

Think you might want to use this party idea in the future for a baby sprinkle or baby shower?  You can pin the image below and it will be ready when you are!

Easy Baby Sprinkle party setup, Easy baby sprinkle decor, Clouds and rain baby sprinkle, clouds and rain baby shower decor, Joovy Boob botttles, Celebrate Express


Pin It button on image hover