August 18, 2014

DIY FROZEN Olaf Onesie

It's no secret that we have a new addition to our family.  It's also no secret that I have a child who is obsessed with FROZEN.  So while I was putting together a special big sister gift for Kayla- a FROZEN Big Sister Gift, it occurred to me that she might just get a kick out of this DIY Olaf Onesie.   You'll be amazed at how easy it is to make this DIY Olaf Onesie and seriously, what new baby doesn't love warm hugs?

Mommy Testers, DIY FROZEN Onesie, DIY Olaf Onesie, FROZEN baby onesie, DIY Olaf costume


To make my DIY FROZEN Olaf Onesie all you need are one of those super inexpensive plain white infant onesies, some orange, black and white felt and/or a pair of googly eyes.  You can opt to use googly eyes if you're not really worried about washing the onesie and are considering it more of a novelty or costume.  If you want to be able to really wash it and use it a bunch of times then I would recommend cutting out the eyes with black and white felt.

Mommy Testers, DIY FROZEN Onesie, DIY Olaf Onesie, FROZEN baby onesie, DIY Olaf costume

First I cut out two black ovals to go behind the plastic eyes.  This helps define them on the white shirt and if you check out Olaf pictures you'll see he has these black eyelids that give him his silly look.

Mommy Testers, DIY FROZEN Onesie, DIY Olaf Onesie, FROZEN baby onesie, DIY Olaf costume

Next is Olaf's eyebrows.  I thought this was the hardest part because you want that sort of surprised look.  It took me a couple of tries cutting them out to get a good shape.  When you position them on the onesie, you'll want to place them at a bit of an angle for the silly, surprised Olaf face.

Mommy Testers, DIY FROZEN Onesie, DIY Olaf Onesie, FROZEN baby onesie, DIY Olaf costume

For Olaf's nose, you'll take your orange piece of felt and use one of the corners.  I went about 3 inches in and cut an arch shape.  This shape allowed me to then take the felt and roll it into a tight cone that would look like Olaf's carrot nose.

Mommy Testers, DIY FROZEN Onesie, DIY Olaf Onesie, FROZEN baby onesie, DIY Olaf costume

Once I rolled it up and created a shape I really liked I just used a little bit of hot glue to secure the shape.  After that I just positioned all the little pieces on the onesie and hot glued them on.  Start to finish you could easily make my DIY Olaf onesie in ten minutes or less!

Mommy Testers, DIY FROZEN Onesie, DIY Olaf Onesie, FROZEN baby onesie, DIY Olaf costume

And if you're wondering, YES!  Kayla totally loved it.  She can't wait to come home from school this afternoon so we can put baby Blake in it and she can dress up like Elsa.  I think we have our Halloween costume for little man...

Mommy Testers, DIY FROZEN Onesie, DIY Olaf Onesie, FROZEN baby onesie, DIY Olaf costume

Want to make your own DIY Olaf Onesie?  You can pin the image below and when you're all ready it will be waiting for you!

Mommy Testers, DIY FROZEN Onesie, DIY Olaf Onesie, FROZEN baby onesie, DIY Olaf costume

Pin It button on image hover