April 24, 2014

Whimsy & Wonder Dress Up Tea Party - Target Does It Again!

A few weeks back, I was blissfully strolling the aisles of Target.  Okay, I was actually attempting to shop the baby section in peace for a few minutes without being begged for Cheddar Bunnies.  Meanwhile, Craig was entertaining Kayla in the toy section and wishing he had married someone who is immune to the charm of the bullseye.  Not that I know this for a fact, but I can sense it.  As I made my way past the Play- Doh and towards the familiar little voice repeatedly saying "can I have this for my birthday?" I spotted some super cute dress up stuff that I definitely hadn't seen before.

Mommy Testers, Whimsy and Wonder, Whimsy & Wonder dress up, Whimsy & Wonder Target exclusive, Dress up tea party, #whimsyandwonder

And if you know me, then you know I have a mental inventory system of all cute little girl things available in every store within a 20 mile radius of where we live.  There were feather boas, party shoes, a sequined mask (OMG) tea sets and some really cute dresses that give the other dress up items in the little girl's section a real run for their money.  I resisted the urge to swoop it all up because duh, that's best for a solo trip to Target where I my better half doesn't roll their eyes at my cart full of bare necessities.

Mommy Testers, Whimsy and Wonder, Whimsy & Wonder dress up, Whimsy & Wonder Target exclusive, Dress up tea party, #whimsyandwonder

So when a few days later the people from Whimsy & Wonder (yes, that is the cute name of the dress up line I saw) randomly happened to ask if I'd like to see some of their new stuff I had to attempt to sound less excited than I really was.  You know, for professional reasons.  But really, I was excited because the line is incredibly cute and it's very affordable.  Do I even need to talk about the fact that this puppy has a dress that coordinates with the one Kayla is wearing?

Mommy Testers, Whimsy and Wonder, Whimsy & Wonder dress up, Whimsy & Wonder Target exclusive, Dress up tea party, #whimsyandwonder

So dress + puppy friend +tea set obviously = tea party.  It's basic math.  And I was still very much in the middle of my tassel obsession.  With rolls of pink and purple crepe paper just hanging out in my office this mini garland had to happen.  I attached it to a chalkboard using a couple of tacks stuck into the wood and it looked very preschool high tea appropriate.  

Mommy Testers, Whimsy and Wonder, Whimsy & Wonder dress up, Whimsy & Wonder Target exclusive, Dress up tea party, #whimsyandwonder

Kayla's main contribution to our party setup was to twirl around the living room in her dress.  It's good to be Kayla.
Mommy Testers, Whimsy and Wonder, Whimsy & Wonder dress up, Whimsy & Wonder Target exclusive, Dress up tea party, #whimsyandwonder

The details of this dress were not lost on her.  She pointed out the very pretty flowers, the sequins and the "sparkle paint" on it.  I'm proud and also a bit terrified.  

Mommy Testers, Whimsy and Wonder, Whimsy & Wonder dress up, Whimsy & Wonder Target exclusive, Dress up tea party, #whimsyandwonder

My contribution was some crepe paper magic and a sweet treat.

Mommy Testers, Whimsy and Wonder, Whimsy & Wonder dress up, Whimsy & Wonder Target exclusive, Dress up tea party, #whimsyandwonder


Teacup cupcakes anyone? We've made them before and let's be honest, to any little girl they are just better than regular cupcakes.  They're silicone baking cups that you just pour batter directly into.

Mommy Testers, Whimsy and Wonder, Whimsy & Wonder dress up, Whimsy & Wonder Target exclusive, Dress up tea party, #whimsyandwonder

I think it's safe to say they were enjoyed.  Perhaps a bit too much.

Mommy Testers, Whimsy and Wonder, Whimsy & Wonder dress up, Whimsy & Wonder Target exclusive, Dress up tea party, #whimsyandwonder

I'm happy to say that Kayla's dress survived this experience and lives another day to be twirled around in.  If you have a little girl in your life who adores dress up then clearly I'm a fan of this line.  I felt the quality was a notch up from many of the other similar dress up styles you find in the big box stores and the prices ($19.99 for the dress) are very much in line with what you'd normally pay.  Plus I like that the variety of accessories actually means that an adult can participate in the dress up experience without being forced to squeeze into a freakishly small princess costume.  Not that I've ever done that.  Ever.

You should be able to find Whimsy & Wonder products in Target stores as well as online.  With the free shipping from my RedCard I have a feeling that we'll just HAVE to purchase this set!
Pin It button on image hover