May 1, 2014

LEGOS In A Jar Party Favor - LEGO Birthday Party Favor

If you're planning a LEGO birthday party, then I've got the perfect LEGO party favor for you.  These DIY LEGOS In A Jar party favors are easy to make, relatively inexpensive and will last much longer than a LEGO shaped crayon!

Mommy Testers, LEGO party favor, LEGOS in a jar, LEGO birthday party, LEGO party, LEGO Friends party


I had just thrown a birthday brunch for my MIL which resulted in an excess of mason jars which I was using as flower vases for low arrangements.  Kayla and I were bonding in the midst of a crazy week by playing with some LEGO Friends toys like these when we started talking about her birthday.  First she said she wanted it at the zoo.  Good lord, no!  I seriously can't even fathom...

Mommy Testers, LEGO party favor, LEGOS in a jar, LEGO birthday party, LEGO party, LEGO Friends party

Then she said that maybe she would want to have a LEGO birthday party.  Okay, I can totally get on board with that.  Plus, we have about 8 months till her birthday, so I expect her to change her mind at least 1137 times before then.  Regardless, my wheels were turning and the next thing I knew I was painting mason jar lids lavender.  Occupational hazard.

Mommy Testers, LEGO party favor, LEGOS in a jar, LEGO birthday party, LEGO party, LEGO Friends party

I guess you don't have to paint the lids at all if you don't want to, but I thought it made them a little more colorful and less industrial.  Kayla filled the jar with LEGOs.  It took exactly 4 times as long as it would have taken if I did it but oh well, entertainment I guess.  Then we attached a little LEGO Minifigure on top by putting it on a small 4x4 LEGO plate in a contrasting color.

If you want you can make gift tags with each child's name on it.  I tend to shy away from doing this for birthday parties because you never truly know who is going to show and who is going to randomly show up with an extra sibling/cousin/classmate you never knew existed.  So for the most part I find them to be unnecessary.  But should you feel a burning desire to make some I'm currently obsessed with chalkboard tags so I'll point you in that direction.  Use a chalk marker to write on them and you're all set!
Pin It button on image hover