April 21, 2014

Healthy Clean Housewarming Gift Basket - My Healthy Home

I made this my healthy home housewarming basket as part of a sponsored post for #CollectiveBias and their advertiser.  #WalgreensOlogy

Since moving from New York to California I'd like to think that I've relaxed as a person in some regards.  My extreme sense of the NYC rush has slowly dissipated.  I no longer find myself  tapping my foot while the guy at the bagel store works at a leisurely pace. However, some things don't change. The "here's what I want, now how can we make that happen?"mentality has not left the building.  And becoming a parent has definitely magnified certain neuroses.  Can you relate?

Mommy Testers, eco friendly housewarming gift, healthy cleaning housewarming gift, Cleaning basket gift,



Speaking of parents, did you hear that mine just made the big move from NY to CA? Yep, my manifest destiny plan is workingggg!  I'm thrilled that they'll be close by and finally have a chance to flex their grandparent muscles.  In the very short time they have been here, it's been incredible to watch Kayla bask in the glory of having multiple grandparents.  It's been wonderful to see their smiles while playing with her as well.  And if I'm totally honest it's a relief to me knowing that with the countdown to baby #2's arrival quickly approaching, help is here.

Mommy Testers, eco friendly housewarming gift, healthy cleaning housewarming gift, Cleaning basket gift,

Which brings me back to my parental neuroses worries.  Somewhere between moving to California and having a child I found myself more aware of pesticides, additives and chemicals.  It's a wonderful and terrible thing, being aware.  Reflecting upon my made in the 80's childhood, it's appalling when you think about the things that were used in my childhood home.  Ammonium cleaners, Aerosol disinfectants and their incredible fumes...ugh!

Mommy Testers, eco friendly housewarming gift, healthy cleaning housewarming gift, Cleaning basket gift,

I'm sure my sisters will agree that we'll never forget the smell of picking up a telephone after someone had been sick in our home.  The intense fumes disinfectant would rush your nose and cause you to recoil before trying to call that friend.  Which is precisely why the control freak in me decided to put together a housewarming basket of Ology basics for my parents as they unpack and assemble their new lives as Californians.

Mommy Testers, eco friendly housewarming gift, healthy cleaning housewarming gift, Cleaning basket gift,

I'm a fan of their balance between social responsibility (think tree free paper products) and what's NOT in their cleaning products.  If you're like my family and usually a little too busy to be whipping up your own homemade cleaners then at least you'll feel better using plant based products that leave out things like parabens and artificial dyes.

Okay, and maybe it was a little control-freakish trying to change things up on my parents after all of these years.   However, the reality is that the tiny person who rules my world is all too eager to spend lots of time and grandma and grandpa's new place.

Mommy Testers, eco friendly housewarming gift, healthy cleaning housewarming gift, Cleaning basket gift,

Plus, soon enough she'll have a little guy joining her.  We all know what that means.  Laundry.  Lots of it.  Which is why I like that this Ology laundry detergent is concentrated, has stain fighting power and leaves out the harsh stuff.  It also happens to be fairly budget friendly.  Because last I checked, babies are expensive.

Walgreesns ology shelf

You can find all of these Ology products at Walgreens in their appropriate cleaning areas.  While I was there I actually racked up almost $10 in Balance Rewards to use for a later purchase.  Like a late night diaper run...

Pin It button on image hover