March 31, 2014

The Dirty Truth - I hate to Clean, so I Cheat!

I treated myself to a new Eureka Airspeed vacuum as part of a sponsored post for #CollectiveBias and their advertiser.  Which was kind of awesome.  Even for a woman who hates to clean.  #EurekaPower

I have a few friends who just love to give me a hard time.  No matter how much I confess that my life is more managed chaos than Pinterest perfection, they refuse to believe it.  In fact, they go as far as implying that there is obviously a band of whimsical forest creatures who help me get dressed in the morning. And they think my home is perpetually clean.  Oh how I wish...but here's the truth.


Mommy Testers, Eureka Airspeed All Floors, Vacuum for different surfaces, Vacuum for high pile rugs, #EurekaPower


First of all, I pretty much despise cleaning.  Organizing, moving furniture around, sorting and doing laundry don't bother me and the control freak in me can't let anyone else do it.  But scrubbing showers and mopping floors?  Not so much.  And so I confess, there is a wonderful woman who comes every other week and gives this entire home a thorough scrub down.  She's kind of my bi-weekly hero and quite frankly, I think it's the best check I write each month. 

Mommy Testers, Eureka Airspeed All Floors, Vacuum for different surfaces, Vacuum for high pile rugs, #EurekaPower

However, the reality is that having her still doesn't get me off the hook when it comes to cleaning.  Because I don't know about you, but this is what my home looks like after Kayla has been unleashed on it.  It's not dirt-dirt, but it's kid dirt. The kind that comes with a million pieces you are supposed to retain rather than toss.  And it's endless, yet manageable.  Most of the time.  THEN there are these guys.  

Mommy Testers, Eureka Airspeed All Floors, Vacuum for different surfaces, Vacuum for high pile rugs, #EurekaPower

Say hello to my dirty tennis ball connoisseurs.  I have a theory that Stella, pictured above would actually run after a drooly tennis ball over a steak if you threw them in opposite directions.  Charger on the other hand would definitely go for the steak.  He also has an affinity for Crayons.  The brighter the colors, the better.  

Mommy Testers, Eureka Airspeed All Floors, Vacuum for different surfaces, Vacuum for high pile rugs, #EurekaPower

So sometime by the middle of the two week gap I find myself battling dog dirt, crayon crumbs, crepe paper scraps, glitter (seriously, why is there always glitter here?!?) and the relentless dog fur dust bunnies that like to gather under our bar stools.  My life is still sounding super glam-glam, right?  

Mommy Testers, Eureka Airspeed All Floors, Vacuum for different surfaces, Vacuum for high pile rugs, #EurekaPower

So here is where the challenge has been.  I refuse (refuse!) to spend $500+ on a vacuum.  As previously mentioned, I can't stand cleaning so I'd much rather spend that chunk of change on something I actually WANT like a sweet Thunderbolt display for photo editing.  Yes husband, that is a hint.  Yet, clearly we needed a  new vacuum since we have a combo around our home of hardwood floors, tile, carpet and thick pile area rugs.  

Mommy Testers, Eureka Airspeed All Floors, Vacuum for different surfaces, Vacuum for high pile rugs, #EurekaPower

Our last vacuum did this awesome thing where it would suck in the fibers of my very intelligently purchased high pile area rugs and basically get stuck on them. Not exactly ideal.  Which is why I was intrigued when I saw that the Eureka Airspeed All Floors vacuum had a dial to adjust for different surfaces from bare floors to rugs like mine.  Now the crayon bits are gone, but the rug fibers aren't getting yanked out.  Score.  

Mommy Testers, Eureka Airspeed All Floors, Vacuum for different surfaces, Vacuum for high pile rugs, #EurekaPower

There are also a series of attachments that come on this vacuum and all seem to have clever homes ON THE ACTUAL VACUUM.  Which is incredibly important if you're me because otherwise you're almost certainly going to lose any piece that doesn't have a place to go.  Somwhere in my garage are all of the attachments for the last vacuum.  They're there, I just have no idea where.  

Mommy Testers, Eureka Airspeed All Floors, Vacuum for different surfaces, Vacuum for high pile rugs, #EurekaPower

 My most favorite piece of all is the stair and upholstery brush.  Okay, I can't believe I just said that.  Because it sounds like I'm excited about a cleaning device.  Which might mean that I have a fever.  Or it could be that I made the epic mistake of allowing the aforementioned fur balls on the couch.  A mistake that is practically irreversible at this point.  Therefore, I heart this little attachment that allows me to de-fur the couch without performing vacuum cleaner gymnastics. 

So basically, we have a new vacuum.  And as much as I want to hate it, I can't! It was inexpensive (if you ask me) and gets the job done.  Now if you'll excuse me, I've just located the site of the latest crayon massacre.  Sigh. And I don't see any sweet forest creatures volunteering to take on clean up duty.   If you are still extra curious about the Eureka Airspeed All Floors vacuum you can snag one from Walmart for less than $100.  I just paid $7 for a teeny tiny container of organic blackberries so really, I feel like I got a deal...on the vacuum that is.  
Pin It button on image hover