March 28, 2014

Funny Bunny Poop Chocolate Easter Treats for Kids

I created my bunny poop chocolate Easter treats as part of a sponsored post for #CollectiveBias and their adverstiser.  #EatMoreBites

Easter is coming!  Kayla and I are always excited for a reason to decorate, celebrate, make a mess...you get the point.  Easter makes me think of bunnies.  And bunnies?  Quite frankly, they make me think of bunny balls.  Poop.  There, I said it.  Totally adorable and basically little sniffing, hopping, poop machines.

Mommy Testers, Bunny Poop candy, Bunny poop Easter treat, Chocolate bunny poop, 3 Musketeers, #EatMoreBites


Maybe it's because I've started thinking about life with diapers again.  Maybe it's the thought of becoming a "boy mom" or whatever that means.   Because quite frankly, if you just say the word poop in front of Kayla she will burst into fits of laughter.  Clearly little girls aren't immune.

Mommy Testers, Bunny Poop candy, Bunny poop Easter treat, Chocolate bunny poop, 3 Musketeers, #EatMoreBites

So this year instead of shooting my husband the evil side glance at the mention of the words "poop" or "fart" (since 40-something year olds use them with gusto too) I decided to embrace the land of poop.  Sort of.  It all started with this incredibly innocent looking wind up toy bunny.  You wind him, he hops like crazy and he's made by one of my favorite toy companies, Plan Toys.  He elicits smiles from adults, massive giggles and shouts of "my turn" from kids and is just really freaking cute.


Mommy Testers, Bunny Poop candy, Bunny poop Easter treat, Chocolate bunny poop, 3 Musketeers, #EatMoreBites

Since I know that it wouldn't be Easter without some sort of sweet treat and I like to limit the candy I used these little 3 Musketeers Bites to fill a super small mason jar.  They probably equate to a couple of miniature chocolate bars, but seem like SO much more to little fingers.  I like that I have the ability to say yep, you can have one of those bites now and one after dinner without having to argue about candy consumption.  Nothing wears you down like a child on a mission...nothing.

Mommy Testers, Bunny Poop candy, Bunny poop Easter treat, Chocolate bunny poop, 3 Musketeers, #EatMoreBites

It's totally up to you whether to take these extra steps, but I think they make this little treat extra cute and special, plus they are easy.  I used the same paper punch from my DIY Paper Garlands and popped out a couple of shapes that just so happened to fit well on top of these little mason jars.

I also snipped off a few shreds of green crepe paper.  Seriously, we all know how I feel about crepe paper.  It makes a nice bright pile of grass on the bottom of the jar.  It also takes about ten seconds to do.

Mommy Testers, Bunny Poop candy, Bunny poop Easter treat, Chocolate bunny poop, 3 Musketeers, #EatMoreBites

If you're planning to pick up some Bites of your own then you might want to know that there are a couple of nice coupons to save on these tiny little chocolate treats at Walmart, where you should find them in the candy aisle.

Mars Bites coupon


Pin It button on image hover