January 16, 2014

Hello 30's. Hello Lines. Help is Here!

Is anti-aging on your mind because it is on mine! So I checked out some new StriVectin products at Ulta this week as part of a sponsored post for Beautystat and loved what I found!

Yesterday marked one of my favorite days of the year.  The day the notice comes out about Craig's annual securities traders conference.  Which conveniently takes place at the very lovely La Quinta in Palm Springs.  So basically I can spend the next however many weeks thinking about bright Tory Burch prints, flip flops, lemonade, private pools and being responsible for no one at all...for 48 hours.

Mommy Testers, StriVectin, StriVectin Lip Tint, Strivectin Eye Illuminator, Beautystat, Ulta,

It also got me thinking about sun, my face, Southern California living and the fact that despite a real estate agent recently asking me if Mrs. Warner was home (I swear it was on purpose and a trick of the trade) I am no longer a twenty something. Sob.  I put it out of my mind and headed off to World Market to pick up a little gift for a friend who is newly pregnant.

Newly pregnant and vacillating between nausea, delight, terror at new responsibilities and cravings.  I grabbed all of the essentials including Nutella, gourmet cookies flown in from the Hamptons, mints for that moment where you puke and go about your business like nothing happened, lollipops for a sugary high when you just need to know there is a live kicking baby in there.

Mommy Testers, StriVectin, StriVectin Lip Tint, Strivectin Eye Illuminator, Beautystat, Ulta,

Then, because I have a tendency to wander I made my way next door into Ulta.  AKA beauty heaven.  Which is precisely when that whole sun/not a 23 year old thing re-entered my brain.  Though I prefer to live in denial, I have recently noticed that many years of flying around the globe on a whim, having a child who didn't think sleep was a necessity and living in almost Mexico have taken a toll on me.  Lines.  Not just on my palms.

Mommy Testers, StriVectin, StriVectin Lip Tint, Strivectin Eye Illuminator, Beautystat, Ulta,

Then I started thinking of preggo and how I was supposed to be shopping for her. Stretch marks!  Every pregnant woman's fear.  You know, besides giving birth to an exorcist baby.  Which is how I wound up in front of the StriVectin section.  Where one would expect to find old lady wrinkle cream and stretch mark stuff.  Instead I stood face to face with some new products.  Like anti-aging lip tint!  I want tinted lips that aren't so aged.  I mean, hello liney lips of mine.

Mommy Testers, StriVectin, StriVectin Lip Tint, Strivectin Eye Illuminator, Beautystat, Ulta,

And as you know, I have spent a lifetime loathing the hereditary dark circles I have been blessed with.  While I found a product a while back I really love, it's also a bit heavy for summer so thinking forward I thought I would try the seemingly lighter anti-aging eye illuminator.  It offers slightly less coverage but I kind of liked the brightness I noticed while taking these pictures versus you know, a dark circle.  

Mommy Testers, StriVectin, StriVectin Lip Tint, Strivectin Eye Illuminator, Beautystat, Ulta,

And of course, back to the lip tint.  It's becoming a fast favorite.  The plum but not too plum hue works for me.  It's neither too thick or too runny like you can get with some glosses and it's packed with sun screen to keep those lines in check.  Even better, apparently right now when you purchase any StriVectin product at Ulta you get a sweet little gift which allowed me to throw in a small tube of StriVectin-SD...which is like Kryptonite for stretch marks.   Now if you'll excuse me, I've got fabulous flip flops to find and a package to mail to one special friend!

This fairly glam opportunity was provided by Beautystat!
Pin It button on image hover