January 14, 2014

Fairy Princess Healthy Valentine Apples

Looking for a healthy valentine treat for your little princess or fairy? These fairy princess valentine apples make great healthy Valentines Day treats for school and kids go crazy for these fairy wands.

It all started while trying to pick out fruit in Trader Joes while Kayla was desperately searching for Pokey.  If you're not familiar, "Pokey" is a stuffed animal fish meant to distract your child while you desperately rack your brain on what to feed your family for the week.  If you child finds him ( I dunno, I just assume Pokey is a dude) they are rewarded with an organic lollipop upon checkout.

Mommy Testers, Healthy Valentine Treats, Apple Valentines, Healthy Valentines Day Treats for kids, Fairy Princess Valentine, Fairy Apple Valentine

I have a love-hate relationship with Pokey.  Love because I might just actually get 5 things in my cart that make a meal between the 7500 times Kayla says "Excuse me mom, I need to tell you something" while shopping.  Hate because then I get to play mean mommy on the way home since I won't let her eat that lollipop in the car.  Oh and you know, because it's just one more place doling out the sugary treats on a regular basis.

Mommy Testers, Healthy Valentine Treats, Apple Valentines, Healthy Valentines Day Treats for kids, Fairy Princess Valentine, Fairy Apple Valentine

So anyway, back to the apples.All I did was buy some cute little fairy wands.  This way the girls get something healthy AND something fun.  I added a couple of stick on wiggle eyes, a tiny piece of crinkled up tulle and attached it with a heart sticker.  That was all.

Mommy Testers, Healthy Valentine Treats, Apple Valentines, Healthy Valentines Day Treats for kids, Fairy Princess Valentine, Fairy Apple Valentine

If you're feeling like an overachiever, you can package those apples in a clear plastic treat bag and print out a little tag for it like I did.  Cheesy?  Yes.  Preschool approprate? Yes.

And of course if you have a little pirate on your hands you can check out my Pirate Healthy Valentine Apples soon too!

Pin It button on image hover