December 13, 2013

Travel In Style with Very Portable Technology

I searched for a cute very portable Bluetooth speaker like the Carbon Pocket Speaker as part of a sponsored post for Collective Bias and their advertiser. #PocketBoom

At one point, travel was my life.  So much so that I could tell you where within several airports to get a manicure, the best cup of coffee (without the Starbucks airport line) and plug in all of your gadgets without a crowd of looming plug-hunters giving you the stink eye.  For obvious reasons I've cut back in the last few years but this last month, wow.  I've made 4 trips in 3 weeks.  And when your life pretty much consists of packing and unpacking you need to know what to pack to travel smart and say see you later to the suckers stuck at baggage claim while you're already hopping in a cab.

Mommy Testers, Carbon Pocket Speaker, Portable Bluetooth Speaker, Stylish Travel Essentials, #PocketBoom #shop #cbias
As someone who is sort of the opposite of a minimalist in general it still shocks me that I manage to become one when packing.  So here are a few of my tips to get through the holiday travel season, help you become a work-travel warrior or to make your weekend getaway seem like a getaway and not a stuff schlepping extravaganza.

Pick A Color Scheme & Stick To It

The road to the baggage claim line is paved with indecision.  Pick a base color and go with it. If you tend to wear a lot of black then just use that as your base.  If you're a "denim or bust" girl like me then that works too.  Do not put yourself in the position of making a bunch of outfits that can't easily mix together and borrow from one another.  Read - you probably don't need both purple and red shoes. 


Choose Compact Technology

I've never understood people who buy gigantic laptops.  They're SUPPOSED to be portable!  I am always on the hunt for the lightest, compact, most functional items I can find.  I refuse to take a Sonicare toothbrush on a trip because they're pretty big.  Which is why the Violight Slim toothbrush serves me well.  Just about the same functionality but much smaller and well, pretty cute too!  I also carry a Mophie external backup battery for my iPhone so I don't have to have one of those big ugly charging cases on it all the time but can juice it up without being plugged into a wall.  Why doesn't everyone have one? And have you noticed that so many hotels still don't have iPod stereo docks?

Mommy Testers, Carbon Pocket Speaker, Portable Bluetooth Speaker, Stylish Travel Essentials, #PocketBoom #shop #cbias

One of my favorite recent finds it the Carbon Pocket Speaker.  We have a couple of iPod docking stereo/speaker getups in our home, one of them is even a nice Bose one.  However, it's not very portable and I hate that since I use my iPhone for music, it has to be docked while playing music.  Totally annoying when your job is social media and you want your phone in your hands most of the time.  The Pocket Speaker is super small, uses Bluetooth to connect to your device and produces some pretty serious sound!

Mommy Testers, Carbon Pocket Speaker, Portable Bluetooth Speaker, Stylish Travel Essentials, #PocketBoom #shop #cbias

I like having it on my desk while I edit photos for the many photo gifts I give to the grandparents and aunts over the holidays.  The small footprint leaves me lots of room for all of the impromptu must-do craft projects that take over my desk on a daily basis.  And Legos.  Yep.  I like to play with Legos.  Go on and judge.

Mommy Testers, Carbon Pocket Speaker, Portable Bluetooth Speaker, Stylish Travel Essentials, #PocketBoom #shop #cbias

And of course I'm super excited to take my Pocket Speaker on the road this year.  I've got an aggressive travel schedule booked including lots of trade shows and blogger conferences which means lots of time with the many super talented friends.  It also means late night pizza, music and girl talk.  Yes, the rumors are true.  Those conferences are a lot of work but also quite a bit of fun.  In fact I've heard you can pair two of these little speakers together.  Impromptu dance party anyone?

Mommy Testers, Carbon Pocket Speaker, Portable Bluetooth Speaker, Stylish Travel Essentials, #PocketBoom #shop #cbias

So, if you've got a stylish traveler or a technology diva on your hands I happen to think the Pocket Speaker makes a pretty neat gift.  From what I saw it was one of the most reasonably priced, very portable speaker options at the Apple store where I picked up mine.  They come in a bunch of colors, retail for under $100 and are exclusively sold at the Apple store right now.  That's right, under $100 in the Apple store. Seriously, what is under $100 there other than a phone case?  Sort of a steal for something extra small and extra loud!

Mommy Testers, Carbon Pocket Speaker, Portable Bluetooth Speaker, Stylish Travel Essentials, #PocketBoom #shop #cbias

Pin It button on image hover