December 16, 2013

Last Minute Christmas Gifts for Dogs

I bought some last minute Christmas gifts for my dogs and found some really cute things in the Walgreens PetShoppe as part of a sponsored post for Collective Bias #HappyAllTheWay

Normally, I'm SUPER on top of my holiday gifting game.  By the time that Thanksgiving rolls around I'm ready to wrap and feel all self satisfied while watching news reports from the insanity that is the mall parking lot.  This year however, I suddenly found myself in the midst of the Christmas scramble.  Which is why I had a facepalm moment when I nearly forgot about gifts for for our furry dynamic duo.

Mommy Testers, Last minute dog Christmas gifts, dog Christmas gifts,Walgreens Pet Shoppe, Pet Gifts, #HappyAllTheWay #shop #cbias

The upside to having a giant, power-chewer dog like Charger is that sketchy people who want to knock on our door immediately get the hint that they should leave and pick another house.  Which I love.  The disadvantage is that he's hard to buy for since he can tear anything to shreds in an instant.


Mommy Testers, Last minute dog Christmas gifts, dog Christmas gifts,Walgreens Pet Shoppe, Pet Gifts, #HappyAllTheWay #shop #cbias

Stella on the other hand is just more girly and a little more gentle-in-the-jaws so shopping for her is fun (read - I can actually buy plush toys)  So when a good friend of mine who also has 2 giant dogs confessed that she found some really cute things at Walgreens of all places (who would have thought??) I was game to check it out rather than dealing with the drama of the big box stores.

Mommy Testers, Last minute dog Christmas gifts, dog Christmas gifts,Walgreens Pet Shoppe, Pet Gifts, #HappyAllTheWay #shop #cbias

Much to my surprise there really were some cute things.  Like for those who are obsessed with that whole What Doe The Fox Say movement they've got some very cuddly foxes that give a satisfying crinkle when scrunched or chewed.

Mommy Testers, Last minute dog Christmas gifts, dog Christmas gifts,Walgreens Pet Shoppe, Pet Gifts, #HappyAllTheWay #shop #cbias

I also didn't realize how awesome these PetShoppe tennis balls were until I decided to whip out a few in advance of Christmas. They are actually very heavy duty so Charger and Stella can't rip them apart in a second like traditional tennis balls.

Feeling pretty creative when I brought home my Walgreens PetShoppe finds, and realizing that yet again I had forgotten something to wrap it all with I got to work crafting a homemade gift basket.  I started with one of those dollar section magazine files and some festive washi tape.

Mommy Testers, Last minute dog Christmas gifts, dog Christmas gifts,Walgreens Pet Shoppe, Pet Gifts, #HappyAllTheWay #shop #cbias

I used a razor to slice the magazine file in half so the bottom became a box.  Then I took washi tape and wrapped it around the top to hide the ugly cardboard edge.  With the help of a chalk marker I made a neat little clip on gift tag and that was it.

Mommy Testers, Last minute dog Christmas gifts, dog Christmas gifts,Walgreens Pet Shoppe, Pet Gifts, #HappyAllTheWay #shop #cbias

Okay, back to the fun things from the PetShoppe.  I think my favorite gift of all to put in Stella's gift basket was this Silly Bums dog toy that's in the Walgreens Holiday Gift Guide.  Yes, that is totally a reindeer butt in my basket.  No, there is no head, which is part of what makes it really funny when your dog grabs it and goes to town with it.

Mommy Testers, Last minute dog Christmas gifts, dog Christmas gifts,Walgreens Pet Shoppe, Pet Gifts, #HappyAllTheWay #shop #cbias

Charger was all too happy to give the Silly Bums reindeer a test drive while Stella was snoozing in the sun.  We quickly discovered that not only did it crinkle but it also squeaked.  And I totally got the stink face when it was time to give it back.  Sorry pal.

Mommy Testers, Last minute dog Christmas gifts, dog Christmas gifts,Walgreens Pet Shoppe, Pet Gifts, #HappyAllTheWay #shop #cbias

So basically the moral of this story is, I'm losing my mind and getting stuck in the holiday shopping fog but you just might be surprised by what you'll find hidden in the aisles of Walgreens.  True story, while I was there picking up Stella's gifts I happened to also find some amazing toys I would not have thought would be there. Like hard to find Lalaloopsy play sets, Legos and My Little Pony toys.  Now, let's see if I can actually keep them a secret until Christmas.  Doubtful!

Mommy Testers, Last minute dog Christmas gifts, dog Christmas gifts,Walgreens Pet Shoppe, Pet Gifts, #HappyAllTheWay #shop #cbias


Pin It button on image hover