December 5, 2013

DIY Lego Wreath - Kid Friendly Christmas Wreath

This week I realized we needed a wreath.  Slacker!  I like modern wreathes and I like all things kid-friendly.  What could be more modern and kid-friendly than a mossy DIY Lego Wreath done up in holiday colors?  The best part?  It's so simple to make that a small child can help.  No pins, no hot glue.  I'll show you how!

Mommy Testers, DIY Lego Wreath, Kid friendly wreath, Easy DIY Kids wreath, Lego Christmas Wreath, How to make a Lego wreath

It all started when I found this fuzzy, faux moss wreath in GASP Walmart!  I know, I know.  I don't really expect to get the West Elm look in Walmart but crazier things have happened.  This baby was just $5.50. I could have added some overly simple elements and had a very modern adult wreath.  However, this just seemed way more fun.

Mommy Testers, DIY Lego Wreath, Kid friendly wreath, Easy DIY Kids wreath, Lego Christmas Wreath, How to make a Lego wreath

Combine my fab find with the current Lego obsession in our home and the Christmas themed Legos we have started stockpiling and BOOM, Lego wreath.  Glue Spots are the key to sticking the Legos and the little minifigures on the wreath.  If you want to be all all adventurous and use a hot glue gun, knock yourself out.  I prefer this method that lets the little ones participate and doesn't end with a trip to urgent care.

Mommy Testers, DIY Lego Wreath, Kid friendly wreath, Easy DIY Kids wreath, Lego Christmas Wreath, How to make a Lego wreath

I just stuck Glue Spots on the back of the minifigures and little Legos, adjusting the number of spots to accommodate larger pieces.  A few came from some special seasonal Lego sets.  Some were from our cute Lego advent calendar and others like the presents I just made myself.

Mommy Testers, DIY Lego Wreath, Kid friendly wreath, Easy DIY Kids wreath, Lego Christmas Wreath, How to make a Lego wreath

I had scooped up a big box of Lego Basic Bricks on Black Friday (yes, I know most people go for tablets and flat screens) and it was perfect for filling in all of the little red and white pieces in varying sizes.

Mommy Testers, DIY Lego Wreath, Kid friendly wreath, Easy DIY Kids wreath, Lego Christmas Wreath, How to make a Lego wreath

All in, I think I spent about 30 minutes sticking stuff on the wreath.  Not too bad, right?  The best part is you can just undo everything when you're done and those Legos are still totally usable.  Gotta love the glue spots!

Mommy Testers, DIY Lego Wreath, Kid friendly wreath, Easy DIY Kids wreath, Lego Christmas Wreath, How to make a Lego wreath


Do you have any fun wreath traditions?  Or fun Lego traditions? I think this DIY Lego Wreath just became a new one in our house!

Mommy Testers, DIY Lego Wreath, Kid friendly wreath, Easy DIY Kids wreath, Lego Christmas Wreath, How to make a Lego wreath


Pin It button on image hover