December 3, 2013

DIY Hot Chocolate Ornaments with M&M's

I created these Hot Chocolate M&M Ornaments which are an easy Christmas gift or easy stocking stuffer on as part of a sponsored post for Collective Bias® #FueledbyMM

With all of the hype about Xbox One and the craze to pre-order it, my neighbor and I wound up on a mission to track one down for her son in time for Christmas.  I could go on and on for hours about just how lucky Craig and I are to have such incredible neighbors, but I'll spare you.  Instead I'll let you in on a sweet Xbox One deal and a really cute idea you can use as a stocking stuffer or a little add on to a gift card.  Call me crazy ( I know my husband would!) but I think there is something boring and awkward about just handing someone who isn't your mail carrier an envelope and nothing else as a gift.

Mommy Testers, M&M Ornaments, Hot Chocolate Ornaments, #FueledbyMM #shop

Okay, first the deal!  One of the hottest games of the season is apparently Forza Motorsport 5 for Xbox One.  Personally, I'm not all that in the know on video games but a poll of my friends with older make children says this is true.  If you buy Forza Motorsport 5 at Walmart and a qualifying bag of M&M's on the same receipt, you can snap a pic of your receipt that shows the items purchased together, text it to 811811 and add "M&M" to your text.  You'll receive a $10 eGift card to Walmart.  Which kind of rocks.  Which I will totally be using to snag something Kayla has been eyeing.  You can check out the full details of Buy, Snap, Redeem here.

Mommy Testers, M&M Ornaments, Hot Chocolate Ornaments, #FueledbyMM #shop

Now for a fun craft that your kids can totally help with.  While getting my holiday shop on at Walmart I came across a whole bunch of ornaments that you could fill and made a few different kinds with Kayla.  Painted ones, paper scrap "snow" filled ones and my favorite, these hot chocolate M&M filled ornaments.   They're the perfect way to add an extra dose of chocolate to your hot chocolate along with some cheery color.


Making them is easy.  You'll need your favorite powdered hot chocolate mix, M&M's, an ornament that has an opening big enough to fit those yummy M&M's through it and a funnel.  I used a little collapsible funnel to get the hot chocolate mixture into the ornament without any mess.

Mommy Testers, M&M Ornaments, Hot Chocolate Ornaments, #FueledbyMM #shop

Once that was done I just plopped the M&M's into the ornament and glued the silver top on to ensure the ornament could be hung and carry the weight of the M&M's.

Mommy Testers, M&M Ornaments, Hot Chocolate Ornaments, #FueledbyMM #shop

I made 3 of these in less than 10 minutes.  Which makes me think I'll use them in addition to the gift cards I usually give to Kayla's teachers around the holidays.  Before I could even get my ornaments together and Forza Motorsport 5 wrapped I had a text back with my $10 egift card from Walmart.

Mommy Testers, M&M Ornaments, Hot Chocolate Ornaments, #FueledbyMM #shop

So, if you have a gamer in your life I happen to think this pairing works out perfectly for the holidays.  AND if you're one of those people who naturally sorts their M&M's by color and has an artsy side you just might love the fact that M&M's is having a pixel art contest!  Yep, color sort and play with your food.  You have my permission.

Mommy Testers, M&M Ornaments, Hot Chocolate Ornaments, #FueledbyMM #shop



Pin It button on image hover