November 4, 2013

Zooligans Boots - The Cutest Boots for Kids

My friends over at Zooligans sent me these Zooligans pony boots to test out and I think they are the cutest boots for kids!

Kayla is constantly going through my closet and saying "Mommy, when I'm a grown up can I have this?" To which I give a default answer of yes.  Sure.  At that point it'll be vintage and even more awesome.  Like oooohhh J.Crew.  From 2011.  How cooooool.  Or fierce.  Or fetch.  Or whatever the word is in about 15 years.  It won't matter.  I'll probably be well on my way to a hearing aid at that point.  At least I won't hear her sneaking out?  Anyway...sometimes the tables are turned because I find things for Kayla that are just so darn cute that I am eternally jealous and want them in my size.

Mommy Testers, Best boots for kids, cutest boots for kids, Zooligans boots, zooligans pony boots, flexible boots for kids

Like these boots.  My friends over at Zooligans shared images of these boots with me when they were just in development what seems like 100 years ago but is really probably 6 months.  And on a page of colorful kids shoes my eye immediately went right to the Paloma the Pony.  Because she is undeniably adorable.  I'm sorry, but you're not going to get details like these in Target...even though almost all good things come from there.

Mommy Testers, Best boots for kids, cutest boots for kids, Zooligans boots, zooligans pony boots, flexible boots for kids

Yes, they just make kids (and adults) smile.  Part of it is because of the aforementioned cuteness.  Part of it is the very functional and comfortable fit of Zooligans.  It starts with the super cute paw-like soles. They call it Paw-Flex technology.  I call it freaking genius.  Why?  Because the soles are super lightweight and flexible so your child can run like the wind without being weighed down.  They also happen to leave little paw prints in sand, dirt or whatever mischief your child gets into.   

Mommy Testers, Best boots for kids, cutest boots for kids, Zooligans boots, zooligans pony boots, flexible boots for kids

Not that my child gets into mischief.  Ever.  But if she does at least she can blame the evidence left over on a forest creature, right?  I mean, she'll have the footprints to prove it.  Okay, what else do I love?  I love that the shaft of the boots is flexible too.  So they bend and allow Kayla a full range of motion when she's playing.  Which is always.  

Mommy Testers, Best boots for kids, cutest boots for kids, Zooligans boots, zooligans pony boots, flexible boots for kids

And of course, is there anything more annoying than a high maintenance shoe that your child can't put on and take off on their own?  Other than my neighbor's perpetually barking, yap-happy dog, I think not!  Therefore I fully appreciate the easy to use zippers that my fiercely independent 4 year old can operate all by herself.  

But the thing I love the most besides just how cute these boots are is that there are real people behind them.  People who care about your child's feet and keeping them comfy, not just how many units they can ship to some mass merchant at the cheapest price possible.  So you won't find Zooligans in the same store where you buy your toilet paper but you will find them in places that sell way more exciting things.  Like Nordstrom.  Where you'll almost certainly run into my mother in law.  Tell her I say hi!  

And of course they come in shoes and boots and there are lots of boy-friendly and gender neutral designs too!  
Pin It button on image hover