November 22, 2013

Shine - An Activity Monitor for Fashionistas at Best Buy

I received my Misfit Shine activity tracker for free to facilitate this post.  And I certainly wouldn't share it with you if I didn't think it was fashionably awesome.

If you’re anything like me then you have a sneaking suspicion that you’re not quite getting enough exercise.  How much is enough exercise these days?  Seriously I don’t even know. Probably because all of my focus is split between work and trying to be a decent mother and wife.  Which is exhausting.  And precisely why I am truly, madly, deeply in love with the Shine by Misfit...which you can very conveniently find at Best Buy.

Mommy Testers, Best Buy, Shine activity monitor, Shine fitness monitor, Misift Shine, Misfit Wearables Shine, Exclusive Shine colors at Best Buy


No, that is not a robotic macaroon.  Although, that would make for an interesting FedEx delivery.  This piece of awesome is probably the sleekest, most elegant little activity monitor I have ever seen.   And I adore that it can be worn in a variety of ways, so you’re not tied to wearing an awkward (and not so fashionable) man-bracelet like some of the other fitness monitors out there.  Yes, I am vain fashion conscious.

Shine is just a bit larger than a quarter in diameter and incredibly light, thin and sleek. Setup is a breeze and trust me I have NO patience for products that have time intensive setups.  I popped the battery into Shine, downloaded the app on my iPhone and had my mind blown when I was prompted to place Shine on the iPhone screen for it to update the software and activate.  Which only took about a minute.

Mommy Testers, Best Buy, Shine activity monitor, Shine fitness monitor, Misift Shine, Misfit Wearables Shine, Exclusive Shine colors at Best Buy

You can wear it as a watch with the included sport band or in about 35 different places on your body with the little magnetic adapter that’s also included in the package.  I attached it to my favorite pair of Lululemon yoga pants while walking the dogs and wore it as a watch while hitting the mall with the included watch band.  You can even pop that sucker onto the back of the neckline of your favorite dress and carry on in style at a cocktail party.  Walking in heels and gabbing over drinks will earn you points.  Not that I know from experience or anything.  Nope.

Mommy Testers, Best Buy, Shine activity monitor, Shine fitness monitor, Misift Shine, Misfit Wearables Shine, Exclusive Shine colors at Best Buy

Earn points you say?  Yes.  Shine keeps track of your activity and converts it into points that you rack up during the day and week toward the fitness goal you set based on your height, weight, age and level of activity.  You can check in to see how close to meeting your daily goal you are by tapping Shine twice.  It will display your progress in some very pretty lights AND serves as a watch by showing the time right after your progress.  Like I said, it’s awesome.  Tap 3 times and it Bluetooth syncs with your iPhone and updates your progress in the Shine app. 

If swimming is your thing or you have a spouse that thinks pushing you into the pool is "cute" then rest assured, Shine is also waterproof.  If you have an excessive need for accessory options like I do, you can also purchase a leather band or necklace accessory to change up your look.  I totally plan on using some hot fix metal stones on my sport band to customize it...once I dig myself out from the endless trips I have planned.

Mommy Testers, Best Buy, Shine activity monitor, Shine fitness monitor, Misift Shine, Misfit Wearables Shine, Exclusive Shine colors at Best Buy

Shine is exclusively available in additional colors (for the pickiest gift recipients) at Best Buy including silver, black, champagne and topaz.  I’d consider it the activity monitor for those who are difficult to aesthetically pleaselike moi!  It’s kind of the perfect gift for design and fashion enthusiasts including those who are too busy making pretty things to get to the gym.   Again, I don't know a soul like that.
Pin It button on image hover