November 26, 2013

Hello Kitty Let's Play - Clothes That Do More

I recently discovered the joy of the Hello Kitty Let's Play line of interactive clothes and Kayla is over the moon! This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group™ and KuKee, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #helllokittyletsplay  http://cmp.ly/3/8vNxcO

Hello Kitty is all the rage in our home these days.  I'm not quite sure when it happened, but the furry cuteness of my own childhood suddenly managed to make a place for herself amongst the omnipresent Disney Princesses.  Impressive!  Over the last few months I have sprinkled a few Hello Kitty items into Kayla's world - Band-Aids, hair bows and even a shirt or two.  But trust me when I say you won't find any other Hello Kitty gear quite like the Hello Kitty Let's Play line at Macy's.

Mommy Testers Hello Kitty Let's Play, KuKee, Hello Kitty interactive clothes, #HelloKittyLetsPlay


While my neighbor lives to shop at Macy's, I'll be the first to say that it's not a store that I tend to go to in search of clothes for Kayla...until now.  You see that little dress Kayla is holding?  It's an extra dress that uses Velcro to provide an instant wardrobe change to Hello Kitty.  Yes, Kayla's world was rocked.      So much so that she could do nothing other than ham it up with her duck face while climbing in some trees.  Because while the Hello Kitty Let's Play collection is fancy and frilly it's also functional for girly girls who play like boys.

Mommy Testers Hello Kitty Let's Play, KuKee, Hello Kitty interactive clothes, #HelloKittyLetsPlay

If giving my little dress up fiend the ability to dress up Hello Kitty wasn't enough, there's an app for that.  Sorry, I had to say it!  You can download the KuKee app from iTunes or Google Play for free to continue the dress up fun.   Then believe it or not, all your child has to do is scan the little Hello Kitty patch that's sewn on to their clothes.

Mommy Testers Hello Kitty Let's Play, KuKee, Hello Kitty interactive clothes, #HelloKittyLetsPlay

This was precisely the moment where my independent child begged me to hand over the phone and following the intuitive prompts got right down to dressing up her favorite feline.

Mommy Testers Hello Kitty Let's Play, KuKee, Hello Kitty interactive clothes, #HelloKittyLetsPlay

Naturally, she was bummed when I said it was time to go to school and her time with these fun clothes and the app was over.  I can't really blame her because what little girl wants to stop putting dresses and crowns on Hello Kitty?

Mommy Testers Hello Kitty Let's Play, KuKee, Hello Kitty interactive clothes, #HelloKittyLetsPlay

I totally can blame her for sneaking an extra turn with the KuKee app when I was gathering up her lunch box, water bottle and searching for my keys as usual.  Apparently she figured out how to take a picture of herself right next to Hello Kitty before being rushed off to school by big mean mom.

Mommy Testers Hello Kitty Let's Play, KuKee, Hello Kitty interactive clothes, #HelloKittyLetsPlay

And the next morning we were back to the same old routine.  Kayla pulling out all the stops in an effort to get to school as late as possible.  She hijacked my crepe paper stash and started making flowers...she is her mother's daughter after all.  Maybe it was the smile that saved her or maybe it was the fact that she was actually dressed in a sweater instead of me having to argue with her to put one on.

Mommy Testers Hello Kitty Let's Play, KuKee, Hello Kitty interactive clothes, #HelloKittyLetsPlay

That's right, there are also some really cute sweaters and even sweater dresses in this collection.  Kayla was elated about the sparkly tulle at the bottom and I was relieved that I didn't have to go through the motions of the "that's NOT warm enough" battle with her.

Mommy Testers Hello Kitty Let's Play, KuKee, Hello Kitty interactive clothes, #HelloKittyLetsPlay

You can go on your own KuKee scavenger hunt using their free app.  It's pretty easy and obviously I can vouch that a 4-5 year old will be thrilled.  If you're like us and looking at some serious time spent in holiday traffic visiting relatives I happen to think that having a piece of clothing on your child that enables a fun app is pretty much a win!  Oh and rumor has it that there will be some serious Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals on the Hello Kitty Let's Play collection.  Let me know if you score a bargain!

Mommy Testers Hello Kitty Let's Play, KuKee, Hello Kitty interactive clothes, #HelloKittyLetsPlay

Pin It button on image hover