November 25, 2013

Crayon Apron - Preschool Holiday Gift from Chasing Fireflies

Chasing Fireflies sent me this adorable crayon apron as a perfect holiday gift for a preschool age child who loves art so I'm sharing it with you!

Do you know know a child who lives to draw?  I certainly do!  In fact every morning I fight the battle of pulling Kayla away from her crayons, paper, scissors and tape to try to get her out the door to school.    So a few weeks back when I was ogling browsing the holiday gift selection over at Chasing Fireflies I got freakishly excited when I spotted this crayon apron.

mommy testers, Chasing Fireflies, Crayon apron, personalized crayon apron,

In a sea of predictable holiday gifts I happen to think this is a battery-free, licensed character free gem for a little girl.  You can order this crayon apron plain for $28 or personalized for $38.  Initially I wasn't going to personalize it because I never like to ask the companies I work with to jump through hoops.  However the Chasing Fireflies team set me straight and told me it would be even more magical to my child if it had her name on it.  Of course, they were right.   Really, really right.

mommy testers, Chasing Fireflies, Crayon apron, personalized crayon apron,

The second that Kayla cracked open the box her face lit up.  "Mommy, mommy, it's an apron and it says KAYLA!!"  Then when she pulled it out of the box and realized that this was no ordinary apron but the ultimate preschool artist's tool there were shrieks of joy.

mommy testers, Chasing Fireflies, Crayon apron, personalized crayon apron,

Last year I shared some kid-friendly wrapping tips for wrapping children's gifts.  Those came into play with this amazing little crayon apron because it comes with a 24 count box of Crayola crayons.  I took the liberty of opening up the gift box and popping the crayons into their snug little pockets in the apron where they fit just perfectly.  This way when Kayla opened the box, the crayon apron was ready to be worn and she could go on her merry way to making endless flowers, dogs, and people with gigantic heads.

mommy testers, Chasing Fireflies, Crayon apron, personalized crayon apron,

One thing that really struck me was the quality of the fabrication and detail that went into making this apron.  Each little pocket is sewn well and seems very uniform.  There are no loose ends, unfinished edges or time and money saving shortcuts in the construction.  Yes, typical of items coming from Chasing Fireflies but atypical for the world of kid's merchandise these days.

mommy testers, Chasing Fireflies, Crayon apron, personalized crayon apron,

The little crochet trim is the perfect simple accent and in this red and white color combo (you can also order the crayon apron in a light pink and white) it feels so perfectly Christmas.  The fabric is appropriately heavy and just has that I'll last forever and ever feeling to it.  But let's get to the most important part.

mommy testers, Chasing Fireflies, Crayon apron, personalized crayon apron,

This little 4 but almost 5 year old absolutely loved it.  I tied it on to her and thought she'd just start coloring immediately.   She was so utterly taken with the originality of the apron that she spent a few minutes just twirling around and checking out all of the neatly organized crayons before getting down to work drawing rainbows.  

mommy testers, Chasing Fireflies, Crayon apron, personalized crayon apron,

Basically, I'm a huge fan of this clever little gift.  Check back soon for a lot more Chasing Fireflies Christmas cheer.  Hint - Kayla and I had a fun little sleepover that I can't wait to share with you!  Also, if you are heading to Chasing Fireflies please consider adding a donation to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital into your shopping bag.  It's an easy way to give back and 100% of your donation goes directly to St. Jude for their Thanks and Giving campaign.  More on that very soon too!
Pin It button on image hover