October 18, 2013

Tired New Parent Gift Basket with Pampers

This review was made possible by Double Duty Divas and Pampers. #DivasSleep #DDDivas I was provided the featured product free of charge to facilitate my review, but all opinions are 100% mine

It was 2009 and I was a walking zombie.  Not the people eating, grey faced, undead kind.  The spitup covered, hair a mess, living on 90 minutes of sleep a night kind of zombie.  You know, the parent of a colic/reflux baby.  The term bundle of joy simply did not apply.  This was the year that I learned the value of sleep.  Ask my husband. 


New Parent Gift, DIY Diaper Sheep, Diaper Cake Alternative, Gift basket for new parents, #DivasSleep, Pampers


He says if he had to do it all over again, he would have gone into debt to have a baby nurse like our fancy Manhattan friends if it meant more sleep.  Our baby, who never slept rocked our world and our marriage.  It's amazing how quickly a person who has been utterly sleep deprived becomes irrational.  Which is why I'll be giving the gift of sleep (fingers crossed) to a friend of ours who has been very helpful with Kayla over the years and is in the midst of discovering for herself just what it's like to be a zombie mom. 


Munchkin Lullavibe New Parent Gift, DIY Diaper Sheep, Diaper Cake Alternative, Gift basket for new parents, #DivasSleep, Pampers

So what's on my list to give to a relatively new parent?   I've given you my take on the Lulla-Vibe which basically takes the vibration from those fabulous baby bouncer seats and transfers it to your child's crib.  I think it's a great little weapon to have in your arsenal when battling a baby that just doesn't seem to sleep.


New Parent Gift, DIY Diaper Sheep, Diaper Cake Alternative, Gift basket for new parents, #DivasSleep, Pampers

There are plenty of Pampers in my gift because let's be honest...those bargain diapers are leak prone and don't keep babies dry enough to actually let them sleep long enough so you can get some sleep yourself when you're a parent.  Which is why apparently Pampers Swaddlers now go up to a size 5.  Fantastic news for another friend of mine who has a 2 year old that is bigger than Kayla.  I kid you not.  


New Parent Gift, DIY Diaper Sheep, Diaper Cake Alternative, Gift basket for new parents, #DivasSleep, Pampers

I added in some homemade cocoa pancake mix for an easy but yummy breakfast as an option for a homemade breakfast that really doesn't involve too much work. And of course there are some great bamboo swaddle blankets from Munchkin.  Because as my memory recalls we used a TON of swaddle blankets and Kayla was the spit up queen so we went through them like crazy.  

And my favorite thing in the basket (because I'm totally biased) is this DIY diaper sheep that I made because really, aren't you sick of seeing diaper cakes?  I think this is a totally cool little craft that one ups the diaper cake.  If you're up for the not-that-big-at-all challenge of making your own.  I have a DIY Diaper Sheep tutorial for you that uses Pampers Cruisers because they are the more absorbent than ever and are comfy for any baby to cruise around the house in! 


New Parent Gift, DIY Diaper Sheep, Diaper Cake Alternative, Gift basket for new parents, #DivasSleep, Pampers

Pin It button on image hover