October 17, 2013

The fastest way to curl your hair - Conair Curl Secret

This week I answered the question does the Conair Curl Secret work and created a DIY hair tutorial about this automatic curling iron as part of a sponsored post for Collective Bias #ConairCurl

In just a few days I will be on a plane.  Childless, husband accompanied and off to some very luxurious (and more importantly comped) accommodations in Las Vegas.  It's a trip we make a couple of times a year with varying permutations of friends.  A few weeks back I was looking through photos of trips past and realized one common denominator.  I always have the same hair.  In every single photo.   There are worse possibilities...like mom jeans or wardrobe malfunctions.  However, I just saw long straight dark hair staring back at me time and time again. Boring!

Mommy Testers, Conair Curl Secret, Fastest way to curl hair, Does Conair Curl Secret Work, #ConairCurl, Automatic Curling Iron, #shop


Which is exactly why when I heard about the Conair Curl Secret I wanted to get my hands on it.  Badly.  It's allegedly some sort of miracle automatic hair curling product.  And because by now you know that I live love to find out if something really works or not I semi-stalked the local Walmarts to find one just as they were being released into stores. Apparently the Curl Secret is $99 at Walmart which is way cheaper than the $150 price I found it for on curlsecret.com

Mommy Testers, Conair Curl Secret, Fastest way to curl hair, Does Conair Curl Secret Work, #ConairCurl, Automatic Curling Iron, #shop


I've never been able to curl my hair successfully with a curling iron.  It's tedious, hard to do and any attempt I have ever made has ended in at least a couple of burns and me throwing in the towel. Yeah, not so fun.  If you're familiar with this scenario then all I can say is get ready to be amazed.

Yes, it works!  And the Curl Secret is FAST!!  No joke, I went running from the bathroom to the living room to show my husband after watching that first perfect curl appear in disbelief.  And I could not help but throw a picture (or 3) up on Instagram because I knew my friends would want to hear about it and I couldn't possibly wait to share.  My mind was so blown that I HAD to make you a video tutorial of the Conair Curl Secret showing just how amazing it is and how to get my half up/half down curls in just a few minutes.  You ready?





If you can't watch the video (boo) I'll explain a bit.  There are a few settings on the Conair Curl Secret you can choose from to control the amount of heat and duration of time that the Curl Secret will curl your hair.  Obviously, the higher the heat and longer time settings will render a more defined curl.  For my hair I chose the higher heat and the longest time setting of 12 seconds...which is pretty darn fast if you ask me!

Mommy Testers, Conair Curl Secret, Fastest way to curl hair, Does Conair Curl Secret Work, #ConairCurl, Automatic Curling Iron, #shop

You'll section your hair and insert 1/2" to 1" sections into the Curl Secret.   The Curl Secret will automatically wind your hair (which is not scary, I promise) heat it and then prompt you with multiple beeps when it's done.  It's that easy.  Because the part of the Curl Secret that gets hot is mostly hidden inside of the device with minimal exposure I would actually feel comfortable using it on a younger child like Kayla or allowing a teenager to use it on their own.  Yes, I said that as the paranoid parent I am.

If you add a bit of hair spray or curl holding mousse your curls will last a fairly long time. Or you can go without if you prefer for your curls to relax a bit.  Here is what my hair looked like 24 hours later after sleeping on it overnight?  It relaxed itself into what looked like a fab blowout with curly ends.  

Mommy Testers, Conair Curl Secret, Fastest way to curl hair, Does Conair Curl Secret Work, #ConairCurl, Automatic Curling Iron, #shop

And of course the Curl Secret is on my short list for Vegas packing.  The shape of it makes it about as easy to pack as a flat iron and way less bulky and cumbersome than a hair dryer. Between those romantic feeling curls and a hot little bandage dress that's just been hanging in my closet begging to be put to use I think I'm ready for our getaway!

Pin It button on image hover