October 2, 2013

SeaWorld Gear - Boken the Best Lightweight Diaper Bag + EZ SOX

A couple of weeks ago I discovered Boken and their fabulously packable, lightweight diaper bags via my friend Rachel Florio-Urso.  It's the most bittersweet feeling when you find something that is perfect and would have been SO helpful to you if you'd only known about it sooner.  As a self confessed bag snob I can add my name to the list of moms who trudged around with a Petunia Pickle Bottom that never quite met my needs.

Mommy Testers boken diaper bag, best lightweight diaper bag, convertible diaper bag, boken essentials diaper bag



I'm not going to pretend that I run around town all day, every day with the Boken bag because I don't.  I've got Tory and Louis for that.  What I absolutely love this bag for is family outings at the park and especially trips to SeaWorld, which is local for us.  It's pretty much the perfect theme park day bag.  We headed to SeaWorld recently and of course the Boken diaper bag (okay, big kid bag) came with me.

The bag is made of super lightweight ripstop nylon.  You know, like parachute material.  So it weighs virtually nothing yet has comfy padded/mesh straps on the backpack part of it. There are plenty of interior and exterior pockets.  There is a generous zippered interior pocket for your wallet, keys, cell phone, lip balm, gum and whatever else you deem essential for yourself.

Mommy Testers boken diaper bag, best lightweight diaper bag, convertible diaper bag, boken essentials diaper bag

Then there are a slew of easy access pockets for pacifiers, snacks, wipes and the 5000 other necessities it takes to leave the house with a 10lb person.  I'm a big fan of the mesh side pocket that fits a Camelback water bottle perfectly.  I can get sweaters for our whole family, a bathing suit, change of clothes and towel for Kayla plus a few snacks and little toys in the bag AND THERE IS STILL ROOM.  Which is crazy. My favorite feature is the convertible straps.  You can add one long strap to make it a messenger style bag (which I don't ever do) carry it like a typical handle top tote bag which I tend to do or even turn it into a backpack.

EZ Sox, Socks with loops, Best socks for preschoolers

This really came in handy when our whole family decided to do the cargo net climb together.  This is an activity that is best done with a backpack and a pair of socks so your feet can actually grip the nets and past attempts have showed me that shoes like Crocs tend to get stuck in the holes or worse, fall off mid-climb.  I just pulled out the backpack straps for me and produced this incredibly cute pair of EZ SOX for Kayla.

EZ Sox, Socks with loops, Best socks for preschoolers

They have grippy bottoms, which are an absolute must for me and I LOVE the little loops at the top which help kids pull them on easily.  Who hasn't spent a couple of minutes watching their child wrestle with a sock that just won't go on and always when you're in a rush!  Yep, we can add EZ SOX to the list of things I wish I had two years ago.

Mommy Testers boken diaper bag, best lightweight diaper bag, convertible diaper bag, boken essentials diaper bag

Our family did a successful cargo net climb, checked out some seals and spent way too long petting the bat rays.  Seriously, if you ask me (or Kayla) whales doing back flips are not nearly as entertaining as petting the bat rays.  Craig makes it extra fun by telling her all of their names as they come by.  Moe, Lucy, Bubba, etc.  I kind of love it.

Curious about our gear?  You can check out Boken and EZ SOX to see the neat patterns, colors and options available.  Personally, I've got my eye on the Boken duffle bag for future travel.  Looks like the perfect solution for when you come home with more stuff than you left with.  Not that I ever do that.  Ever. Okay, maybe sometimes.
Pin It button on image hover