August 22, 2013

DIY balloon chandelier - easy party decor

I'm sharing this balloon chandelier party decor as part of a sponsored post for Collective Bias. I love how it turns a Disney Princess party into something extra special!

Have you ever decorated for a party and found yourself thinking hmmm...I wish I had something special to spice up that boring ceiling.  I know I have.  Which is precisely why I fell in LOVE when I saw this crazy cute Disney Princess balloon chandelier from my friend Ashley.  It's simple to make and if you use some pre-made character cut outs it's even easier to customize to your child's current obsession.

DIY Balloon Chandelier, balloon Chandelier, Disney Princess chandelier #DreamParty #shop

Ashley had a party meant to bring home the magic of the Magic Kingdom for family that couldn't travel with her to Disney World.  She has some seriously awesome ideas for a party to add the magical Disney Touch.

"For lunch, I served “when you wish upon a star sammies,” or PB&J sandwiches in the shape of stars, pineapple magic wands, “crumpets,” or cookies, and “royal punch,” otherwise known as Kool-Aid. I lined the Party Snack Caddy with Styrofoam cubes and threaded skewers through them to hold the star-shaped pineapples. I sprinkled the heart-shaped tokens from the Bingo Party Game to create mess-free confetti and removed the balls from princess paddles to emulate mirrors."


Disney Princess Party food, Disney star sandwiches,  #DreamParty #shop


How stinkin' cute are those Wish Upon A Star Sammies? Any adult walking by a party table would giggle at the label for these and any child would be itching to get their hands on one.  I consider myself a reasonably imaginative thinker but wow.  Ashley has a TON of cute ideas including a really awesome balloon drop!  Yes, you read that correctly, a Disney Princess balloon drop and you can see the rest of her ideas for this party over at  Spitup Is The New Black - now tell me that blog name isn't cheeky...
Pin It button on image hover