July 3, 2013

MessMatz - Crafting? Painting? Bring on the mess, no complaints from me!

Do you have a child that constantly begs to paint?  I do!  If it's sticky, messy or stainy then Kayla adores it.  Me? Well, not so much.  Little miss is famous for getting paint and glue all over the table and herself.  In the past I've made her paint outside, but recently MessMatz sent us one of their mats to check out and quite frankly it saved the day with a little bird house painting project I kept putting on the back burner...you know, because of the mess.

MessMatz, Paint mat, Crafting mat, mess mat, MessMatz review


When we got our mat it came rolled up like this in a box.  For storage purposes I love that this 100% silicone rubber mat which is quite large when laid flat takes up so little space when not in use.  Ever the skeptic I had found myself wondering why we couldn't just use one of those trays that you store rainboots on in a mudroom and this is one of the reasons.

MessMatz, Paint mat, Crafting mat, mess mat, MessMatz review

Those trays also tend to have a raised texture for drainage from shoes.  Therefore they don't give you a smooth, flat surface to work on.  While that didn't matter so much for this painting project since it was more of a vertical paint job I can see why it makes sense for doing flat art work or crafting.  Most of my projects require a very flat surface.


MessMatz, Paint mat, Crafting mat, mess mat, MessMatz review

And of course, Kayla did not disappoint in the drips and mess department.  There was no worrying about newspaper blowing around from the open door we were painting near and the large mat gave her plenty of room for drips near her birdhouse without getting any on the rug or hardwood floors surrounding the mat.

MessMatz, Paint mat, Crafting mat, mess mat, MessMatz review

Kayla got to paint, I didn't have a giant mess to deal with and the best part was the MessMatz cleanup took just a few seconds.  I just used a soapy paper towel to wipe the mat clean.  The silicone surface makes it just about the easiest thing to clean paint off of.

MessMatz, Paint mat, Crafting mat, mess mat, MessMatz review

Oh and how could I possibly forget?  Behold - one paint laden bird house that took quite a while to dry :)  No birds have decided to take up residency yet, but you better believe Kayla is watching for them.  Just about every single day!


If you're a crafter or have a child who adores art I happen to think it's a pretty cool product.   Check out MessMatz I also love that you can buy them on Amazon for prime shipping.  Crazy how fast the stuff arrives at your house!

Pin It button on image hover