July 19, 2013

I'll be at #BlogHer13 will you? Here's why...

Well oh-em-gee!  It's that time of year again where millions (okay, thousands) of women with similar interests flock to one city Fleet Week style and mayhem breaks loose.  Okay, perhaps I'm being dramatic here, but this flock does bring a special buzz wherever they go.  I'm talking about BlogHer.

Blogher13, BlogHer, #BlogHer13, I'm going to BlogHer 2013


So next week I'll be heading to Chicago for some bonding time with the many many people who have greatly impacted my life in the last year.  Seeing friends, long lost sisters, colleagues and mentors is at the top of my list.  When I reflect back on this year of incredible growth the number one word that comes to mind is grateful.

I am grateful for so many of these women who taught me the ropes of a world so different than the fashion industry, which was the only industry I'd ever considered for a career.  A few of them have been the positive cheerleaders everyone needs in their life.  Others have been the tell it like it is sounding boards for making important decisions.  Many have been inspirations to me and caused me to challenge myself to work harder and take my blog and this new career to the next level.

The biggest surprise of all is that not one of them fits the mold of the misguided image I'd had in my head of bloggers before I started a blog myself.  Narcissistic, selfish, unprofessional and even catty.  Yes, I'll be the first to say I was SO wrong with my take on bloggers, and man am I glad to say just how wrong I was.

What never ceases to amaze me is the genuine support and sisterhood of this community that makes it a force to be reckoned with.  And almost always that force is working to do good and help one another.  Sure there are a few bad apples out there but that's life in any industry.  As far as I'm concerned I'm thoroughly enjoying this world and have yet to run into a Lindsay-Lohan-of-blogging as of yet.

I really look forward to celebrating friendship more than anything.  Of course I'm also excited to meet with a handful of brands I genuinely respect and want to learn more about.  If you'll be at BlogHer as a blogger or a brand I'd love to get a chance to meet you!  As a self declared iPhone addict don't hesitate to tweet me, look me up on Instagram or shoot me a quick email at jillian@mommytesters.com

Safe travels and I look forward to seeing you soon!


Pin It button on image hover