July 7, 2013

Girl Scout cookie lover? Behold the Skinny Thin Mint Parfait

I recently checked out some delish Girl Scout cookie candy bars and made this Thin Mint recipe as a member of the Collective Bias®  Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias and their client. #cbias #GSCrunch

Alllllright so generally speaking you know I'm all about healthy this and healthy that BUT you may remember I believe in treating myself when it comes to one thing in particular.  Girl Scout cookies.  Dare I reference my Girl Scout cookie blondies? Having hocked the cookies myself for years and proudly taken home the "I sold the most cookies" badge or something equally braggy they have a place in my heart.  And belly.  I become giddy as soon as I see signs of Girl Scout cookie season.  But sadly, cookie season is done.

Mommy Testers Girl Scout Cookie Skinny Thin Mint Parfait with Girl Scout cookie crunch bars #GSCrunch


So when I started hearing whispers about these Girl Scout cookie candy bars my ears perked up and I went on one of my I'll-find-it-if-it's-the-last-thing-I-do missions to find them. Yes, I lack self control when it comes to this stuff.  Upon finding them at the 4th Walmart I tried (fear not, they are now in stores but only for a limited time!) I HAD to try one. Immediately.  And it was Thin Mint which is like the holy grail of Girl Scout cookies in my home.

Mommy Testers Girl Scout Cookie Skinny Thin Mint Parfait with Girl Scout cookie crunch bars #GSCrunch

It was every bit of the Thin Mint fix I had hoped for and more.  After my ravenous chocolatey minty moment I started thinking about how I could get away with this indulgence more often and feel less guilty.  Sounds ideal, right?  And therefore the Skinny Thin Mint Parfait was born.

Mommy Testers Girl Scout Cookie Skinny Thin Mint Parfait with Girl Scout cookie crunch bars #GSCrunch

All I did was chop up one of the Girl Scout crunch bars.  The fun size bars feel like 2-3 Thin Mints

Mommy Testers Girl Scout Cookie Skinny Thin Mint Parfait with Girl Scout cookie crunch bars #GSCrunch

and layer it up with some light Greek yogurt and some chopped fresh strawberries.  I found these 100 calorie Greek yogurt portions for those who really keep tabs on calories.  You ready for a little surprise? This whole dessert comes in around 200 calories. Less if you don't use the whole bar.  

Mommy Testers Girl Scout Cookie Skinny Thin Mint Parfait with Girl Scout cookie crunch bars #GSCrunch

Oh and rumor has it that Thin Mint isn't the only flavor out there.  There are also Peanut Butter Creme and Caramel & Coconut flavors floating around.  If you find them let me know because just like Girl Scout cookies they're only around for a limited time.  Therefore, let the hoarding begin!

Mommy Testers Girl Scout Cookie Skinny Thin Mint Parfait with Girl Scout cookie crunch bars #GSCrunch

Pin It button on image hover