March 21, 2013

The Best Easter Eggs for Toddlers - Talking Easter Eggs

When Kayla was about 15 months old and we were heading into Easter season I remember checking out Target and feeling less than satisfied with the Easter egg options.  There were lots of brightly colored plastic eggs both empty and filed with candy.  There were some character eggs too, but nothing that blew my mind.  I grabbed some of the empty eggs so I could fill them with Cheddar Bunnies instead of candy since she was too young for it.

Talking Easter Eggs, The best easter eggs for toddlers, Hide em and find em easter eggs, easter eggs for blind children,

Then in searching Amazon.com I found these pretty amazing eggs I had never seen before.  They make for such a cute hide and seek scenario and we used them well beyond the Easter season.  I bought 2 and felt like 2-3 of them were the perfect number to get a real game going on a cold or rainy day.

How do they work?  They have an on/off button that you push to activate and then hide them in various places whether it's outside or around the house.  One you push the button they will start calling out to your child with phrases like "I'm over here!" and "Come find me!" full disclosure - it is a talking toy so yes, it's not something you'd just want going in the background all day but it's a great exercise in teaching your child to use their hearing to figure out where something is.

Talking Easter Eggs, The best easter eggs for toddlers, Hide em and find em easter eggs, easter eggs for blind children,

When they do locate the egg and open it it's got a little chick inside (that's attached and does not come out) who says "you found me!" which is probably treat enough for most toddlers.  You could fill the other end with something though if you wanted to.

Not a single friend I have showed these to had ever seen them before so if you're hosting an Easter Egg hunt or looking for a neat and original gift to bring to a friend at Easter who has young kids these Hide 'Em and Find 'Em Easter Eggs are a great pick!  When I bought them I remember reading a review from a woman who had a blind child and she said these eggs made it so that he too could finally participate in Easter Egg hunts...now how cool is that?

If you'd like to check out these eggs yourself you can right here: Hide 'Em and Find 'Em Easter Eggs
Pin It button on image hover