February 26, 2013

Stork Stack - Yes, I Still Love It.

What can't you get sent to your house in a box these days?  Since we've last discussed Stork Stack many months ago, a whole lot has happened in the world of subscription baby and kids products.  Some companies who seemed like major players in this industry have vanished.  Others have changed their mission completely and now sell an entirely different product.  And a few still do exactly what they set out to do and do it well.  So I was pretty curious to see if anything had changed about Stork Stack since I checked out their very first box.

baby subscription service, Stork Stack, Stork Stack February, Stork Stack March, stork stack review, Stork Stack april, Little Duck Organics, Under the nile, peek a boo turtle

The answer to that would be yes and no. Stork Stack still serves the ages of 3rd trimester through 3 years old and has a monthly theme.  This month was animals and I feel like it's fair to say that the items in the box related to that.  I'm all for themes so long as brands don't get so carried away with them and sacrifice on quality and mix of products...obviously that's not the case here or I wouldn't even write this post.

 I received the stack meant for toddlers 12-17 months old and when I opened it up the first thing that caught my eye was this Melissa & Doug turtle.  Hmmm.  I wasn't sure how to feel about it since Melissa & Doug is a company I think most parents know pretty well.  It's not like their products are very under the radar or anything so a part of me was surprised to see them in Stork Stack which is known for finding products from more unknown brands.

baby subscription service, Stork Stack, Stork Stack February, Stork Stack March, stork stack review, Stork Stack april, Little Duck Organics, Under the nile, peek a boo turtle

But then I opened the Peek-a-Boo turtle and realized why it was in this box.  Sure it's Melissa & Doug, but it's not an item I've run into even while checking out a few specialty toy stores beyond the big box places.  The grasping worm - yep I've seen that, but this little guy is like a hidden gem.  How do I know?  Because I have a 4 year old that is begging to play with the turtle all the time despite the fact that she's about 2 years too old for it.

In fact I found myself on a call the other day and what was I doing while talking on the phone?  Playing with the damn turtle.  Its little head and legs are attached with a thick elastic and click back and forth from a hiding position to a walking position and make a little click any toddler would find satisfying and most parents wouldn't be bothered by.

baby subscription service, Stork Stack, Stork Stack February, Stork Stack March, stork stack review, Stork Stack april, Little Duck Organics, Under the nile, peek a boo turtle

Next, it would be impossible to ignore the cuddly little elephant from Under the Nile.  They're a brand I'd classify as less widely known and I've bought a bunch of their cute products for baby gifts.  Everything is made from organic Egyptian cotton and they offer some pretty funny toys similar to this elephant like broccoli and eggplant because if your child is going to stick it in their mouths it might as well be an organic veggie, right?

And of course I couldn't forget one of my favorite toddler snacks - Little Duck Organics.  Remember how I told you they would be my first choice for snacks?  That's still true to this day.  It's fruit.  Nothing more, nothing less, and no scary unpronounceable ingredients you wouldn't want to feed your child anyway.  I love that these make a good on-the-go option for parents who are very conscious of what their child eats.

baby subscription service, Stork Stack, Stork Stack February, Stork Stack March, stork stack review, Stork Stack april, Little Duck Organics, Under the nile, peek a boo turtle

In my eyes this is totally one of those products you can dispense on occasion and by keeping it as a "special" item it can easily take the place of a less nutritious snack your child might beg for.  Just the other day I had Kayla begging me for some kind of junk leftover from Valentine's Day and I countered her with the Little Duck Organics snacks and she totally went for it!

Also in the Stork Stack February stack were Babylegs and some Eboost samples.  I personally never had much luck with Babylegs when Kayla was a baby.  I think more of it had to do with her fantastically chubby thighs than the product though.  No joke, the kid had thunder thighs!  I do have plenty of friends who swear by Babylegs and have multiple pairs.

So how has Stork Stack changed?  Well, you no longer get a hand written note, but seriously I understand why - they are growing and that's exciting!  In lieu of that hand written note, you do get a great printed note that discusses what's going on with your child at this age and why they sent the products you received.  It still feels personal and their printed info cards feel a little more refined than they did in the very first box.

baby subscription service, Stork Stack, Stork Stack February, Stork Stack March, stork stack review, Stork Stack april, Little Duck Organics, Under the nile, peek a boo turtle
What hasn't changed?  Their charitable mission for one.  They make what I think are pretty substantial donations to wonderful charities like Operation Showers of Appreciation and Baby Buggy.  Few companies out there can say that they give back in this scale and if you have ever spoken to Chris, Liz and Terri you'd know that they're not just doing it be able to say they do it.

What also hasn't changed (and this is the most important thing if you ask me) is their approach to customer service.  I always think the death sentence for any company is lackluster customer service with a no-can-do attitude.  The chances of you having a problem with their stacks seem much smaller than the other subscription services I've seen and tested out and if by chance you did they are very quick to apologize, correct it and most importantly make sure it doesn't happen again.

So I'm happy to see a company I've come to love growing and doing it carefully to make sure their products are on target and their customers come first.  If you'd like to check out Stork Stack and more of what's in their stacks along with membership information you can here: Check out Stork Stack

Want to win a stack of your own?  Of course you do.  Check back in the next couple days for a sweet giveaway where you can win a Stork Stack April stack.  My lips are sealed as to what's in it but I promise you there are some amazing products you have never seen as well as some ones that have me ooohing and aaahing.

a Rafflecopter giveaway
Pin It button on image hover