February 14, 2013

My Style: The J.Crew Silk Blouse - It gets compliments everywhere

I'm not going to pretend for a minute that I spend each day running around town sporting some stylish outfit because that would just be all out lie.  All the parents who show up at preschool around 8am usually get a nice glimpse of me with no makeup, hair in a ponytail and my yoga pants.  However sometime around 10am I occasionally make it into "normal people clothes."

Stylish Stuff, JCrew blythe blouse, Tory burch flip flops, casual chic style, Kardashian Kollection sunglasses

What I've learned is that it doesn't matter how fancy the clothes are, it just matters that they're easy to pull together and made from fabrics that will look good while you're on the move.  Suffice to say linen has a very small place in my wardrobe because you look like a wrinkled slob in about 20 minutes flat.

One item that has become a go-to piece for me is the J.Crew Blythe blouse.  I don't even know what it is about this top, but for me it's the perfect balance of casual and put together.  I have a few in bright colors like neon pink and this more orange/flame color and every single time I wear one people ask me where it came from.  PS, they're on sale right now for about $60 which is far less than what they normally cost!

Stylish Stuff, JCrew blythe blouse, Tory burch flip flops, casual chic style, Kardashian Kollection sunglasses

As you may know, I recently entered modern day society by sporting skinny jeans after a good 7+ years of refusing to engage in the look.  My favorite San Diego mall also just got a Zara, where I never shop...literally the last time I shopped at a Zara was when I was checking out Lithuania 8 years ago.

However, much to my surprise I found these cute, coated skinny jeans with gold zippers for about $50. I automatically assume that to find something like this I'll have to turn to designer denim and spend $200 at Nordstrom, but nope, from now on I'll be checking Zara more frequently.

Stylish Stuff, JCrew blythe blouse, Tory burch flip flops, casual chic style, Kardashian Kollection sunglasses

Because we just had a little heat streak here (don't hate me! Remember I recently froze my behind off in NY) I was ready to wear this cute knit tank - also J.Crew that has an oversized dot tiered fabric over a traditional tank top.  I like that it's slightly dressier, has interesting texture and still works for layering.

And if you're wondering where those sunglasses came from - I have a secret...I've flat out stopped wearing my Tory Burch ones because I actually prefer these to them for their ability to stay on my face and not have to keep pushing them back up the bridge of my nose.  You've been there, right?  These are my Kardashian Kollection sunnies I bought while checking out their line at Sears....YES, Sears.

Stylish Stuff, JCrew blythe blouse, Tory burch flip flops, casual chic style, Kardashian Kollection sunglasses

The necklace, which is about as blingy-biker-chic as I get was found in the junior section on a whim while I was waiting for a sales girl at Nordstrom to find something I desperately needed from another store.  It was maybe $14 and has quickly become one of my favorite little pieces of jewelry.

Stylish Stuff, JCrew blythe blouse, Tory burch flip flops, casual chic style, Kardashian Kollection sunglasses

Last but not least because I wear them the most are these Tory Burch flip flops.  They're comfy as can be and while they definitely do not come cheap I've noticed they have lasted way longer than my J.Crew or Old Navy pairs usually do.  Plus I like that they're simple and not so in your face with the logos.

Now that I've got you thinking about Spring....happy shopping!
Pin It button on image hover