November 27, 2012

Wondering What's on a Kid Tester's Wish List?

Kayla and I are super lucky that we spend quite a bit of time testing out toys and games.  Therefore there aren't tons of "wants" in our home when the holidays roll around.

So, if you're curious about some toys that even kids who have everything will love, I'm sharing what's on Kayla's wish list this year.   Everything is $30 or under (many are far less) and there are no batteries, sounds, flashing lights or additional purchases needed to make them work!


Mommy Testers Hape Stormy Sea Balance Game, Hape Pirate Ship Toy, Hape Stormy Seas Balance Game Review






I love the well made wood toys that Hape offers.  This adorable pirate ship makes for a fun family game and a lesson in logic and balance.  I'm also picking up their incredibly cute pasta set to add to our Hape kitchen so Kayla can cook more of the same foods I do.




Mommy Testers Green Toys Jump Rope, green toys jump rope review




Known for their toys made from recycled plastics, Green Toys is a hit in our home.  We have their Sand Play Set which sports the same sturdy rope and I love that the handles allow you to adjust the length and keep the extra rope hidden.  I also LOVE their Build-a-Bouquet Playset .





Mommy Testers Toysmith Deluxe Root Viewer Garden, Root View garden review








I definitely lack a green thumb, but Kayla loves our neighbor's vegetable garden and this cute Root Viewer Garden seems like a manageable dose of horticulture.  Kids enjoy seeing what's happening under the soil and it opens up some interesting conversations so I know we'll get months of fun out of this!



Mommy Testers Orb Factory Sticky Mosaics, Orb Factory My First Sticky Mosaics







A while back I showed you the collages from Orb Factory and now I think we are ready for these cute stick on mosaics.  They make excellent restaurant entertainment and you get a lot for your money out of their sticky mosaics kits.



Mommy Testers Zingo Sight Words review, Zingo, Zingo Sight Words







You've probably seen regular Zingo! which is a picture version of bingo.  Because teaching Kayla to read has been important in our home for a long time I think this Sight Words version is awesome and a great follow up to children who have mastered the original.






Mommy Testers Press Here Book Herve Tullet Review



This book is SO darn cute!  I can't stand kid's books that have buttons which play sounds.  They leave nothing to the imagination.  Press Here is filled with "buttons"and instructions telling your child where to press, but they are just printed and leave the rest to your child to turn the pages and make the magic happen.  Did I mention that adults love it too?
Pin It button on image hover