November 12, 2012

Why I'll Choose Tillamook Cheese

When you're a blogger (which apparently I have become) there is a non stop influx of companies discreetly and not so discreetly asking to be promoted. There is a flow of "free stuff" that some people get quite wrapped up in.  Recently I attended a pretty awesome blogger event for Tillamook.  It included a day at the San Diego Zoo, a celebrity chef demonstration and a lot of grilled cheese eating which made for a pretty awesome afternoon.

Rather than taking Kayla with me my husband gave me the idea to turn it into a girl's day with my childhood bestie who happens to live in San Diego.  Conveniently she is 4 months pregnant so a grilled cheese party was an easy sell to her.  A grilled cheese party where we could go look at monkeys right after was an even easier sell.  And just in case you ever wondered what I look like standing next to a gigantic loaf of cheese with hands I'll show you this pic of me with "Loafy"

Tillamook Cheese, Tillamook Loaf Love Tour, Tillamook San Diego Zoo, Tillamook #LTT4me party,

On a more serious note, I didn't realize that my life that week would be so filled with….cheese until I heard that Tillamook was having a little Twitter contest to win a party with their products as a celebration for the end of their Loaf Love Tour.  Since Kayla was missing out on the fun at the Zoo I thought it would be pretty amazing if she and all her buddies could party with Tillamook at her preschool.  So I asked a few of my blogger buddies to help me out and lo and behold we won!


Tillamook Cheese, Tillamook Loaf Love Tour, Tillamook San Diego Zoo, Tillamook #LTT4me party,

While I was at the zoo I had met a bunch of the Tillamook crew and thought they were just awesome people.  However, I was not even remotely prepared for what I walked into when I showed up at Kayla's preschool to check in on the party and take a few pictures.

Tillamook Cheese, Tillamook Loaf Love Tour, Tillamook San Diego Zoo, Tillamook #LTT4me party,


Tillamook Cheese, Tillamook Loaf Love Tour, Tillamook San Diego Zoo, Tillamook #LTT4me party,


Tillamook Cheese, Tillamook Loaf Love Tour, Tillamook San Diego Zoo, Tillamook #LTT4me party,


Tillamook Cheese, Tillamook Loaf Love Tour, Tillamook San Diego Zoo, Tillamook #LTT4me party,


Tillamook Cheese, Tillamook Loaf Love Tour, Tillamook San Diego Zoo, Tillamook #LTT4me party,

The Tillamook crew took over the school and not only served up their awesome natural ice cream but they made it SUCH a fun day for the kids.  I expected them to come and hand out some food, but did not expect them to sit with the kids, paint pumpkins, teach them about how cheese is made, dance with them and play games with them.  It's been a couple of weeks since this happened and I still have parents and teachers telling me just how amazing all the Tillamook people were with the kids.

However, as awesome as this group was the fact of the matter is that all the singing, dancing and crafting in the world wouldn't win me over if the product and the brand didn't align with what is important to me as a mother.  So, putting aside everything that happened at the zoo and at the adorable preschool party, here is a picture I took while grocery shopping which explains exactly why I will choose Tillamook.

Tillamook Cheese, Tillamook Loaf Love Tour, Tillamook San Diego Zoo, Tillamook #LTT4me party,

See that incredibly short list of ingredients?  Next time you're shopping (unless you are lucky enough to live on a dairy farm) take a look at the ingredients on the cheese you usually buy.  If the list is longer than this I would seriously reconsider your cheese!

Pin It button on image hover