October 21, 2012

Lazy Cooking Night? Support #Strengthof1CA

Here at Mommy Testers HQ dad is out of town again which means I am in lazy mode.  Well not really, but it means that all of my efforts are focused on having a grand old time with Kayla and if that means pretending to eat sand cookies and hopping across the living room floor while ribbiting for the 47th time this week then so be it.

Much like our indoor camping trip that means I'll be slacking on my cooking duties and focusing on having fun with my little monkey.  Which almost certainly means a pizza will be involved in our dinner plan.

#Strengthof1CA, Freschetta pizza, Freschetta Strength of 1, Vons, Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Vons Flowers,

I had heard about the Strength of 1 offer going on at Vons in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.  If you buy 2 Freschetta Pizzas or Artisan Crusts you'll get $5 off of a flower purchase.

The concept behind the Strength of 1 campaign is that each and every one of us has the power to make a difference through small steps or changes.  All of those small changes add up to create a big impact and in this case fight breast cancer.

I happen to like that Freschetta is also pledging $25,000 this month to the Bright Pink foundation which aims to empower women to help themselves stand up to Breast Cancer through education, early detection and prevention.

#Strengthof1CA, Freschetta pizza, Freschetta Strength of 1, Vons, Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Vons Flowers,

I checked out the floral department at Vons and there were some pretty choices, many honoring this very important cause.  I wanted to know what that $5 would get me and I was pleasantly surprised.  It could have been a large discount on this pretty mixed bouquet or a free rose bouquet.

#Strengthof1CA, Freschetta pizza, Freschetta Strength of 1, Vons, Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Vons Flowers,

I'll be the first to say that I'm not a true "flower girl" we don't frequently have them in the house but my husband will occasionally surprise me with some and it's such a nice feeling.

I love the idea of bringing some flowers to a woman in your life who is special, just because.   It's a reminder to celebrate just having the health of someone who matters to you or to send some extra love to someone who is fighting their own battle.

#Strengthof1CA, Freschetta pizza, Freschetta Strength of 1, Vons, Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Vons Flowers,

So how can you take advantage of this offer and give back while you save?   You'll need a Vons card which is a total must have if you shop there even once!  I can't even tabulate the amount I have saved with mine...trust me it's significant.  

You can sign up for one here or right at checkout.  You'll also need the digital coupon from the Vons Just for You program which tailors deals to your shopping preferences.  You can find that right here.

Just so you know, this shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group, everything you see here is my own personal and picky opinion and I was honored to participate in spreading the word about this great cause! http://cmp.ly/3/KqtZiE
Pin It button on image hover