September 21, 2012

Say buh-bye to smashed fingers - Xtraguard Doorstopper

At the beginning of September I told you how since it's Baby Safety Month my friends over at Munchkin had sent over some of their  new childproofing solutions and how I loved the Xtraguard Soft Impact Corner Cushions.  If you missed it, you can read about my crash test dummy experience here: Where were these when we were kids?

Call me a klutz but I still manage to smash my fingers in drawers and doors at the ripe old age of 30ish. Also, despite my best efforts in prevention we've still had some major "ouch" moments with Kayla over the years.   You know, the worst kind where at first they are silent for a moment and then let out that blood curdling scream that makes moms a mile away perk up.  So I was happy to see the Xtraguard Dual Purpose Door Stopper in the box and decided to give it a whirl.

Munchkin XTRAGUARD, Munchkin extraguard review, Munchkin XTRAGUARD review, Munchkin door stopper, Munchkin Xtraguard dual purpose door stopper,

At some point when Kayla was younger I had bought a similar foam product that went around the edge of the door but it easily came off and was actually destroyed in a matter of weeks.  It's not that this is door stopper is such an original concept it's just that I think it's the best executed one I have seen.  The XTRAGUARD door stopper is made from fairly dense      

and takes some real pulling to get off the door so it can't easily be moved my babies (plus you can put it up as high as you need to on the door) and it's durable enough to take being slammed against the door frame a bazillion times.

Munchkin XTRAGUARD, Munchkin extraguard review, Munchkin XTRAGUARD review, Munchkin door stopper, Munchkin Xtraguard dual purpose door stopper,

What sold me on this was the dual functionality.  We still have a door slamming problem (which will likely continue through the teen years) and I've been using the XTRAGUARD door stopper to as an actual door stopper to keep Kayla from closing the door to her room which she likes to do to lock out our dog.   It works like a charm and has only smooth rounded edges and sturdy but still flexible construction so it's not something that would cause an injury it you or your child bumped it with a foot.

At about $4 I think these are a great idea to have on your more frequently used doors.  I can say I've been spared a few teary outbursts already and am thinking about getting an extra couple of these and some of those corner cushions to bring to Grandma's house. Want to see these and the other innovative new products in the XTRAGUARD line?  You can right here: Check out the XTRAGUARD line and save yourself some tears
Pin It button on image hover