September 15, 2012

I'm an Impatient Shopper, are you?

I'm fighting a losing battle against the laundry, trying to cook nutritious dinners, threatening time outs for riding the dog like a pony and basically not having a moment to use the bathroom in peace. Forget shop for Fall clothes for Kayla, which is best done alone.  Sound familiar?  I thought it might!

My go to destinations to shop for kids fashions have always been Babygap, Old Navy, Target, Crewcuts and Marshalls.  On a recent trip to Marshalls with Kayla in tow I nearly lost my mind!   She was hiding between the clothing racks, choosing some of the most hideous dresses in creation and of course, finding her way into the toy section.

#CookiesKids, Fall fashion jacket, flower fleece cardigan


It was impossible to search the racks for things I liked, find her size since it's a mess in there and keep her from becoming a missing child in the process.  I found myself thinking that there had to be a better way.  And of course, I wouldn't be writing this if there wasn't :)

I had seen some of my friends posting things about Cookies Kids on Facebook and decided to check it out myself to see what all this hype was about.  Have you ever heard of Cookies Kids before? Believe it or not they have been in business for 40 years and somehow I didn't know it!

 Since I was looking for some Fall back to school clothes for Kayla so I was curious to see if I would have success with them.  I had just done some shopping at Old Navy.com and grabbed some Disney character shirts because Kayla is obsessed right now.  I was pretty surprised when I found this

#CookiesKids, Disney fairy, Disney Princess shirt, Kids clothes


That's right, the regular price for that fairy shirt at Cookie's Kids was way less than the sale price on a similar shirt at Old Navy, even if I tacked on the extra 25% discount they were offering.  Now, I've told you before I'm no extreme couponer or anything.  I can count the number of times on my fingers that I've used a coupon in a store but online it's so easy that I always try to get the best deal.  So, I will say that I was pretty shocked to find out that my "great deal" was not so great!

#cookieskids, cookies kids price comparison, cheaper than old navy

I grabbed that fairy shirt along with a few other cute pieces like that insanely soft and fuzzy pink fleece jacket on Kayla.  I'm always looking for mid-weight jackets because here in San Diego the mornings and nights get cool in the fall but it can still easily be in the 70's during the day all the way through January.

Much to her delight I also surprised Kayla with this Ariel umbrella since she had been eyeing them at Toys R Us.  And of course instead of being $9.99 like they are there, it was only $7.99 on Cookies Kids.  Sweet!  If you'd like to see my whole shopping experience you can here: Shopping for Fall kids clothes

#CookiesKids, Disney Princess Umbrella, Disney fairy shirt

I'm not going to pretend that everything there was something I loved because there were plenty of things that weren't my style at all, as would be the case at any store.  However, in browsing I did think the selection really had something for everyone, whatever your taste.

For me the best part was that I could essentially do the type of shopping I would at Marshalls or TJMaxx, but do it from my computer at home when I had time, like after putting Kayla to bed.

If it was up to me I would have bought Kayla this frilly dress to layer up for Fall because I personally love it, but I could see little miss opinionated declaring it a no-go.  Seriously, how cute with the little grey jacket and these comfy leggings - which I did buy 2 pairs of because at $3.99 they were a no-brainer.




If you're one of our NYC readers then you are lucky, #CookiesKids even has 7 brick and mortar stores around the area.  But if you're like me and have to shop from afar then you will appreciate the easy navigation that allows you to sort by age, size, color and VERY easily search for particular items like a specific character or brand.  It always boggles my mind how some of the biggest online clothing retailers have terrible search capabilities!

Also, I despise paying for shipping (who doesn't) Cookies Kids normally only charges $5 to ship any size order but if you enter the code mommytesters at checkout you'll get free domestic shipping on your clothing purchase of any size.  It doesn't apply to furniture, gear and toys but is great for doing your Fall clothing shopping.



#CookiesKids, Fall fleece cardigan jacket

Did you like what you saw?  I certainly found some great items and Kayla refuses to stop wearing that fairy t-shirt.  You can keep up with Cookies Kids on Facebook and Twitter to hear about some of their pretty awesome deals and new items.

Just so you know, I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community.  This content has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and CookiesKids.com #CBias #SocialFabric as always everything here is my own very picky (especially when it comes to kids clothes) opinion.
Pin It button on image hover