September 29, 2012

Cinderella is Coming!! I know a little girl who is excited...

You've probably seen me mention that we are having a full on Disney Princess obsession in this house.   So when I heard that Cinderella was being re-released on Blu-Ray and DVD October 2nd I thought this might be the perfect time to let Kayla see her first princess movie.  Yes, she's never seen one before (insert unfit mother comment here) because I've been holding out for true character recognition.

Cinderella dress up costume and tiara from Walmart #DisneyPrinessWMT

We were just at one of her preschool friend's houses the other night and while the adults were eating dinner Kayla and her buddy were running around trying on princess dresses, tiaras and shoes.

Cinderella costume surprise from Walmart #DisneyPrincessWMT

While I tend to be one to indulge Kayla when there is a subject or character she is passionate about, I hadn't bought any princess dress-up clothes because the holidays and her birthday are quickly approaching.  But then I saw this pretty awesome looking Cinderella dress and matching tiara at Walmart the other day and that went out the window!

Cinderella display and Disney Princess Dress Up items at Walmart #DisneyPrincessWMT

I have a problem.  There, I said it.  You might be afflicted with the same sickness.  When I find something that makes my child incredibly happy (like these Disney Princess costumes) I have a hard time holding back.  So as I was raiding perusing the princess section I found so many cute things that I decided we had to have a princess playdate with some of Kayla's friends.

Cinderella toys from the the toy section at Walmart #DisneyPrincessWMT

There is a sweet group of little girls that go to her school and I happen to really like all of their parents.  So I figured this was a good excuse to let the girls play with a bunch of Disney Princess gear, eat a few treats, check out the Cinderella movie and let the parents catch up.

Cinderella Party favors and party supplies at Walmart #DisneyPrincessWMT

Generally speaking, I'm not much of an app person.  I can count of my fingers how many are on my iPhone with fingers left to spare.   However I downloaded the Royal Ball Augmented Reality app recently after hearing about it from one of my blogger friends.   Let me just say I was surprised by the downright adorable things your child can do with it.

For starters, it's free - which is always a good thing!  You and your child can piece together different princess outfits, take pictures in them and save them.  See this Belle outfit below?  Kayla picked that out all by herself.  If you have a princess lover on your hands, this is guaranteed to get some smiles.

Disney Princess  Royal Ball Augmented Reality App dress up #DisneyPrincessWMT

Speaking of smiles, this totally came in handy on one very grumpy morning while I was dropping Kayla off at preschool.  She was in a bad mood for no justifiable reason so I asked her if we should dress her up like a princess on my phone and of course she said yes.  I snapped this picture and as you can tell she was all smiles.

Using the Disney Princess Royal Ball Augmented Reality App to take pictures #DisneyPrincessWMT

Kayla doesn't know it yet because I have to keep some secrets, but we're heading to a special #DisneyPrincessWMT Cinderella event at Walmart on October 6th.  Kids are encouraged to dress like their favorite princess and of course the event is free.   There will be princess pumpkin decorating and bunch of other fun activities from 11-3 so check to see if your Walmart is on the list.

Cinderella Disney Princess Retailtainment Event Invitation at Walmart #DisneyPrincessWMT

We'll be at our local Walmart where Kayla will most definitely be dressed as Cinderella and decorating away!  Hope to see you there!


Just so you know, I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community.  This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and Disney Consumer Products, Inc. #CBias #SocialFabric as always, everything you see is my personal picky (and in this case Disney Princess crazy) opinion!
Pin It button on image hover