November 26, 2012

Something For Mommy - Wish List Magnets

Is gift giving a struggle in your house?  It is in mine!  I accept 100% of the blame for it too.  I'm "impossible to buy for" and that's a direct quote from one of my three sisters.  Two of them live in NYC, my old stomping ground and on my last visit back they wanted to hit up the Container Store to find some storage solutions for their apartment.

While I was not-so-patiently waiting for the two of them to make up their minds in the shoe storage aisle I wandered through the office supply section and stumbled upon these awesome Wish List Magnets
Wish List, Wish List Magnets, Holiday wish list tool, funny wish list tool, silly magnets, get the hint magnets,

Every year when the holidays, my birthday or more recently Mother's Day rolls around I can actually see the tension in my husband's face as he tries to play a cat and mouse game of figuring out what the heck I want that I haven't bought for myself and wouldn't be upset if he bought because it's too "indulgent"

Wish List, Wish List Magnets, Holiday wish list tool, funny wish list tool, silly magnets, get the hint magnets,

Most of us know that when you're married or in a serious relationship, gifts are never quite the same as they were when you were dating because they're almost always bought with communal resources that probably need to go elsewhere.  In our house that would be renovating the guest bathroom that I lovingly refer to as "the slum of our home."

Wish List, Wish List Magnets, Holiday wish list tool, funny wish list tool, silly magnets, get the hint magnets,

While being direct about gifts and dare I say...pushy is not really my style I'm pretty sure I saw a look of confusion and then relief while my husband watched me put these up on our fridge.

My guess is that he'd rather not play the guessing game and I know I'd rather receive things I really want rather than some malodorous bottle of expensive perfume like a friend convinced him to buy for me several years back while shopping for his own girlfriend.

Wish List, Wish List Magnets, Holiday wish list tool, funny wish list tool, silly magnets, get the hint magnets,


Plus, knowing how mature we both are I'm sure some of these pictures will get swapped out over time for inappropriate ones like adult diaper ads :)  If you can relate I'm sure you would get a kick out of these too.  They're fairly inexpensive and come in a variety of themes right here: Wish List Magnets   they'd even make a neat stocking stuffer for a very particular and hard to read person.   I don't know anyone like that though!
Pin It button on image hover