August 1, 2012

Charlie Banana - Swim Diaper Cuteness

Before I had Kayla there was no greater pleasure than spending an afternoon by the pool with a great book.  When Kayla was born my splendid backyard oasis quickly became a giant liability and worry. 

At 5 months old We started Kayla in swim class.  I  give my husband every last ounce of credit for pushing to send her and making it his special activity with her twice a week, every week for the last 3 years.  She can now hold her breath longer than I can and swims the length of the pool without any assistance.

Kayla's swim school requires that all kids under 4 wear 2 cloth swim diapers at all times in the pool.  Something I didn't know until we started swim class is that disposable swim diapers weigh babies down since they absorb pounds of pool water.  They also disintegrate easily in the water and have plenty of nasty chemicals that are in them. 

Charlie banana swim diaper, charlie banana swim diaper review, charlie banana lovey dovey, charlie banana giveaway

Initially, I bought the ugly generic swim diapers they had available to purchase at the school.  I figured we'd use them for a bit and I'd replace them with a much cuter alternative.  Much to my surprise, THERE WERE NO CUTE ALTERNATIVES!  I did plenty of middle-of-the-night online browsing while feeding Kayla as a baby and was utterly disappointed at the lack of options out there.

Charlie banana swim diaper, charlie banana swim diaper review, charlie banana lovey dovey, charlie banana giveaway
  

Recently, I came across Charlie Banana while doing some cloth diapering research for a friend and was astounded when I saw their charming 2-in-1 swim diaper & training pants designs.  The Charlie Banana crew sent one of their "Lovey Dovey" swim diapers for us to test out and my intention had been to send it to one of the mommy testers with a younger child.  However, Kayla saw it sitting on my desk and begged to wear "that monster swim diaper" to swim class and the size large fit her.

Kayla's swim instructor saw the Charlie Banana diaper and immediately asked where it was from.  She sees swim diaper clad children all day, nearly every day of the week and could tell it was something special.  Kayla doesn't even wear a swim diaper in our pool at home anymore because she is potty trained now, but over the weekend Kayla asked again specifically to put on her "monster" swim diaper before we got in the pool at our house.

Charlie banana swim diaper, charlie banana swim diaper review, charlie banana lovey dovey, charlie banana giveaway

Even my husband who doesn't get too excited over kid's clothes wanted to know where it came from!  I'm glad that Charlie Banana just started making an XL swim diaper because we might just have to get one of those for swim class when she outgrows this one.

So here's the part where you're expecting me to tell you that they're super cute but they're double the price of the ugly ones you'll find all over the web.  Nope!  Charlie Banana sells their  2-in-1swim diaper & training pant for about $13.  The not so cute ones will set you back about $11.  Need I say more?  You can check out the awesome Charlie Banana swim diaper designs right here: Charlie Banana Designs

If you love this Lovey Dovey diaper ( I sure do!) then you're in luck.  Charlie Banana is giving one away to one of our readers below.

If you haven't heard, Charlie Banana just launched their new laundry soap which has none of the bad chemicals that traditional ones do and is fantastic for washing cloth diapers with.  Hint - review coming soon!





Pin It button on image hover