August 9, 2012

BBQ Block Party - Tegu Blocks

We've done a ton of grilling this summer.  Let me revise that and say that my husband has done a ton of grilling this summer.  Me - as capable of a woman as I usually am, I'm kind of terrified of the grill.  Maybe it's the New Yorker in me, or my very long hair that I'd like to keep that way.   Regardless,  I default to prep work, side dishes and keeping Kayla away from the grill.

A few weeks back while I was getting inspired for the Tegu building contest that we competed in I decided to see what Kayla and I could come up with that was BBQ related while my husband manned the grill.

Since Tegu's blocks are magically magnetic, kids and overgrown kids like myself are usually equally interested in them.  Kayla and I played around with our blocks and decided to see if we could build our actual dinner out of them while we waited to eat.


Here's what we came up with...I'm not going to lie, I was pretty impressed with our skills.  We added some accessories from Kayla's play kitchen to bring them to life and the next thing I knew I was being served dinner by my 3 year old.

These blocks are my secret weapon when we have friends with older kids over at our house because they are still a bit under the radar and not everyone has seen them.  You can get your own set right here: Get my Tegu magnetic blocks

Happy grilling/eating/building!
Pin It button on image hover