July 30, 2012

Parking Pal - Parking Lot Hero

When you live near the beach and it's Summer your house turns into a veritable bed & breakfast.  Or at least mine tends to.  As the resident innkeeper I find myself at places like Trader Joes and Target several times a week stocking up on watermelon, corn on the cob, grilling food, bubbles and sand toys.

I am frequently accompanied by Kayla on these errands and that means a decent amount of time spent in parking lots.  Call me paranoid but I'm pretty terrified of some of the drivers I've seen going 30 mph through a lot filled with kids or backing up without a thought or a glance behind them.

parking pal magnet, parking pal, parking pal review, handprint sticker for car, car kids safety magnet

The problem is I only have 2 hands and occasionally I need both of them to unload groceries. When it's 85 degrees out the last thing you want to do is put your child in their car seat right away - even if the door is open, it's pretty much an oven.  I found myself telling Kayla to stand next to the car and not to move which is pretty difficult if you're 3 years old.

My friends over at Mompact sent me a great solution for this problem.  The Parking Pal, like most really good ideas is simple.  It's a magnet you stick on the side of your car with a child sized handprint on it.  Since I am already the owner of a very "mommy mobile" style SUV I figured why not?  I put it on my car and didn't even tell Kayla what it was for.  She instinctively stuck her hand right on the handprint...kids are smart like that.

parking pal magnet, parking pal, parking pal review, handprint sticker for car, car kids safety magnet

Kayla asked me if the "hand sticker" was for her and I told her indeed it was and that when I was getting things out of the trunk it was her job to to hi-five the hand sticker and freeze.  That was a few weeks ago and now without my even having to say it Kayla goes right to the Parking Pal and puts her hand on it.

parking pal magnet, parking pal, parking pal review, handprint sticker for car, car kids safety magnet


Keep in mind that the Parking Pal is obviously no substitute for hawk-like parental supervision, but it's a great tool to reinforce that kids need to stay near and to give you a little bit more freedom with your hands.  The Parking Pal sells for about $9.00 right here:Get my Parking Pal

Want to win one along with a bunch of other helpful products?  Here is your chance below.
a Rafflecopter giveaway

If you'd like to find out more about the Parking Pal car magnet you can here: Parking Pal To learn more about Mompact take a look here:Check out Mompact

Pin It button on image hover