July 28, 2012

Mommy Has To Try This - Bugs in Food!

Bugs in your food when you don't want them there are inconvenient, frustrating and just plain gross!  However, bugs that are planted with care, are comically gigantic and conveniently plastic are giggle inducing and just might get kids to try new things.

I have a friend who is famous for having impromptu gatherings filled with kids of all ages and their parents.  She is an amazing host and when you're at her home there are constantly plates of food being set out on the kitchen table while the kids play in the yard.

She also happens to have a fantastic sense of humor, so when I saw her putting these giant plastic ants on the food right before the kids came in to eat I had to snap a few photos to share.

giant plastic ants, fun food for parties, put bugs in food

giant plastic ants, fun food for parties, put bugs in food


giant plastic ants, fun food for parties, put bugs in food

I'm all about keeping things fun and I can honestly say that the kids and adults were equally amused by this.  Kayla who is sometimes hesitant to try new things  found the idea of sampling the food that these giant bugs had invaded quite appealing.

So go ahead and stick some bugs in the food at your next party or family dinner.  I know I'm going to have to try this sometime soon in our house!

If you're wondering where to get those larger than life ants I found something very similar here: Get my giant ants

Pin It button on image hover