July 27, 2012

LeeLee Street Crayons - All Treat, No Sweet

I can still remember going to birthday parties as a child and coming home with my prized bag of junk - tootsie rolls, smarties, pixie stix, those paratroopers I'd toss off the top of the staircase with my sister, plastic kazoos, etc.

All of the above are things I would never want my child to have these days.  It seems we have learned a little bit about the effects of sugar and cheap chemical filled toys on kids since the 80's...or so I thought!

Kayla keeps coming home with bags of junk that haven't evolved much from my own childhood which got me thinking about what I would give out as party favors at her next birthday.  It would need to be something that felt safe, sugar free and still super fun for kids.  That is how I found the adorable crayons from LeeLee Street.


LeeLee Street Crayons review kids party favor crayons goody bag fun shapes crayons


LeeLee Street makes their crayons using high quality, non-toxic crayons and will only sell shapes that can't easily be broken by kids.  Their crayons come in a rainbow of colors and a great variety of shapes like race cars, frogs, cupcakes, building bricks, sea shells, skulls, hearts and many more.

LeeLee Street Crayons review kids party favor crayons goody bag fun shapes crayons


You can buy packages of 3 for about $4.50 which I think are great to throw in your bag and save for a dinner out with kids or for a quiet activity on a plane that's a little more fun than regular crayons (plus these ones don't roll off the table!)  Kayla is obsessed with Frogs and fairies so I think these very detailed frogs will make an appearance at her next birthday as decor and favors.

LeeLee Street Crayons review kids party favor crayons goody bag fun shapes crayons

LeeLee Street also makes party packs that have 20 individually packaged crayons and run about $1.00 a piece which seems pretty reasonable to me!  I love that you can also pay a little bit extra and get these very clever labels to put on the bags with a message and an explanation that it's indeed a crayon and not a piece of candy in the bag.

LeeLee Street Crayons review kids party favor crayons goody bag fun shapes crayons

I can easily see these race car crayons set up on some HotWheels tracks with a long roll of paper down the middle of table for kids to color on.  Conveniently, LeeLee Street sells those long rolls of paper as well as all of their great crayons in their Etsy shop right here: LeeLee Street on Etsy


Pin It button on image hover