June 26, 2012

Lunchbox Love - The name says it all

We always think our way of putting love in our kids' lunchboxes is through organic strawberries, dinosaur shaped sandwiches and overall well balanced meals.   I can personally remember the day that my mother sent me to school with a complete color drawing of Snufalufagus on my brown paper bag and that was twenty something years ago!
lunchbox love lunchbox love review notes for lunch lunchbox love for camp

This got me thinking - what could I do to put a little extra sweetness in my daughter's lunch without adding actual sweets?  I don't believe in putting sugary treats in lunches and actually lots of schools forbid it these days.

While I wish I possessed the art skills and the time my mother had to create such elaborate displays of lunch time affection the reality is I have neither.  So when I found Lunchbox Love I had to share! 

lunchbox love lunchbox love review notes for lunch lunchbox love for camp
Lunchbox Love are clever little notes that you can stick in your child's lunchbox or bag to give them a little reminder that you're thinking of them.  They're fairly inexpensive at $2.99 for pack of 12 and much cuter than what I might scrawl on a Post-it note on my own.  Lunchbox Love sent me some of their sweet notes and I decided to try them out with Kayla.

Kayla is only 3 so I had to stick with the more simple phrases like the note pictured above.  She can read "I love you" from lots of practice at Valentine's Day but there are plenty of cards with a little more to them.

lunchbox love lunchbox love review notes for lunch lunchbox love for camp
Lunchbox Love also has a camp version called Lunchbox Love for Camp.  You can use these to sneakily enclose notes sporadically packed in your child's belongings for sleepaway camp - I would hide them in folded socks, between the pages of a Summer reading book and send them in letters and care packages.

If you have a day camper then you can stick them right in their lunchbox like I did for Kayla.  Their positive messages encourage kids  to believe in themselves and to make good choices when encountering tricky social situations. 

You can purchase Lunchbox Love and their variety of options for kids, campers and even grown ups (stick one in your spouse's lunch or wallet) right here: Purchase Lunchbox Love

-Jillian
Pin It button on image hover